Chapala.com Webboard

Chloroquine lakeside?

ibarra

I have been following this closely and I understand everyone's thoughts but there is people taking this drug in America (in hospitals) I seen a video of a man on the news who was dying and was saved by this drug. Bottom line is get your doctor to check you out for using (everybody is Different) The other thing is how long can we wait all these experts will not give us any positive answers before they okay the tests. Sure people try to get ahead and end up in big trouble but I really have a problem with everyone shouting about the suide effects (anyone read the small print on any drugs we take. Boy we would all die. Lastly FDA has said last night the drug can be used if your doctor gives the okay. They said its in the market and can be used this way. Remember people have been taking this drug for about 70 years if it was that bad they would have pulled it long ago. I say lets use it and save lives ASAP. Gov Cuomi has just announced he is using the drug TODAY.

If you have bought this drug that is someone else's challenge now.  The drug stores are emptied.  This is yet another new low for humans / selfishness. What a nightmare for those who cannot get this drug now and need it to relieve autoimmune skin conditions and other afflictions. I have already seen people posting on Facebook that they are in trouble because the drugstores are out.  How inconsiderate.   Stay in and you will have no reason to go into panic mode with a chance that this will help precious you.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MexLuis said:

If you have bought this drug that is someone else's challenge now.  The drug stores are emptied.  This is yet another new low for humans / selfishness. What a nightmare for those who cannot get this drug now and need it to relieve autoimmune skin conditions and other afflictions. I have already seen people posting on Facebook that they are in trouble because the drugstores are out.  How inconsiderate.   Stay in and you will have no reason to go into panic mode with a chance that this will help precious you.

I'm out of "likes" so I made my own 👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Apparently the Mexican government has added chloroquine to the list of medications requiring a prescription.

Thank goodness. For those of you needing it for lupus or arthritis or similar, a rheumatologist just told us that he expects Guad Farmacia will be getting a shipment soon. Go and get your prescription.

Please don't go buying any in case of Covid-19, the hospitals will have it if you get that bad.

If anyone out there has some left over or unneeded, please take it to a rheumatologist or your doctor to get it back into circulation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, vetteforron said:

Yesterday I was in Guadalajara every store I visited were out of Gel, masks, gloves and Hidroxicolorquina! Monday another trip to Guadalajara to factory for diapers. This is what a diaper run looks like for me. 

IMG_0737.thumb.jpeg.29a3c4ca6d8d2ab3cca379d56dfdce78.jpeg

I used cloth diapers for my kids. And all my kids used them for theirs. Please consider switching over. The disposable diaper pollution isn't a good thing. 

Sometimes you need to look at the actual results carefully. Often you’ll hear that hydroxychloroquine and the antibiotic azithromycin work together well - but the study that claim comes from had only 26 people in it, just six of whom took the azithromycin. Out of the original 26, some had no symptoms to begin with, three dropped out of the study when they went to intensive care, one dropped out due to nausea, and one died. So for at least 4 of the 26 the drug or drugs clearly didn't work. I know I'm impressed...

Definitely not a big enough study to conclusively show this drug combo is effective.  OTOH with the problems this bug is creating, both medical and economic, governments don't have the luxury of long limited studies that are the usual practice.  There is no vaccine and the death rate among the most vulnerable groups (us) is unacceptably high.  At least we do have the side effect data for already approved medications.  Off label use is a different animal than starting out from scratch with a drug. 

The other good news is when it works, it works fast and with some pretty sizable evaluations already started we should know a lot more about these medications within a couple weeks.  This is a much easier trial situation than developing and mass producing vaccines.

Some were too enthusiastic about this too early but with the entire world grasping at straws at this point that is understandable IMO.  I'd sure hate to be the people in charge right now in any of these countries with so many problems and so few answers.  Particularly when some are using this as an excuse to attack them and divide us when what we need to do is pull together and do whatever we can to stop the spread.  Which right now is to separate from each other and hole up.  That of course is rapidly spreading the economic damage.

I read this morning hotel occupancy in PV is down to 15%.  It was pointed out that even where the help are still being paid their wages, tips account for much of their income and that is gone.  Most of us here are the privileged few with independent incomes and resources and we can wait it out.  I can't imagine what the working people on the lower end of the scale must be feeling right now.  Although it is a drop in the bucket we here need to look around us for those folks we can help and do so.