Chapala.com Webboard

where to find colloidal silver locally

34 minutes ago, spacedebris said:

Microdyn used for cleaning vegetables, very cheap and available at most tiendas. Highly concentrated and effective antiviral, bactericide and anti fungal agent.

I believe Microdyne has a mix of iodine and colloidal silver. (I don't have a bottle on hand right now to check) But the Bactyn I have just says colloidal silver .

9 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I believe Microdyne has a mix of iodine and colloidal silver. (I don't have a bottle on hand right now to check) But the Bactyn I have just says colloidal silver .

No it does not! Microdyne is colloidal silver that is done in an industrial process that makes the drops of a certain size that looks yellow when put into water. It also has some jell that stabilizes it. In spanish its plata colloidal. I've been making my own for many years and its completely clear. 99.9% silver with steamed distilled water, 6V electricity for 5 hours....I'm making up some spray bottles for friends.

Microdyn is colloidal silver in a very highly concentrated solution with gelatin of animal origin. The animal gelatin is probably what accounts for the color. But with concentrations of between 1800 ppm and 5000 ppm this is way stronger stuff than you can make at home unless you have access to some sophisticated equipment. Depending on how long you let your home  brew is probably between 10 ppm and 25 ppm. Enough to be beneficial but one drop of microdyn in a glass of water does the same thing. Microdyn should work as a sanitizer against corona in high enough concentrations. Depends upon the one you buy what the concentration is, just follow the directions for making a sanitizer solution. I'll look into its effectiveness against corona.

14 minutes ago, Constance said:

I was thinking of colloidal silver for internal use.

"There is no evidence that colloidal silver treats or prevents any medical condition, and it can cause serious and potentially irreversible side effects such as argyria".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_uses_of_silver#Colloidal_silver

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Constance said:

Thanks to all for your replies, and suggestions.

I shall look in the places you all suggested.

I was thinking of colloidal silver for internal use.

Think long and hard.  Read this from Mayo Clinic website.  It can also interact with other medications.  

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/consumer-health/expert-answers/colloidal-silver/faq-20058061

• Thanks 1

Yes, there are some people whose skin turns grey/silver from overdosing on the stuff. They seem to think the more the better. As we all know, everything should be taken according to recommendations and all should be done in moderation. You can't take some :() who turned himself silver and use it as an example of why something shouldn't be taken at all. 

11 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Yes, there are some people whose skin turns grey/silver from overdosing on the stuff.

Argyria_2b.jpg What is argyria? This is an example.

Overdose?

"Rosemary Jacobs is a prominent activist against alternative medicine. As a child, Jacobs was treated for allergies with nose drops that contained colloidal silver, and developed argyria as a result."  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argyria

We've been using and making colloidal silver for more than 15 years and haven't had any problems with it. The argyria condition has to do with impurities such as salts. The elites were called Blue Bloods because of this condition, but it saved them from the plague. They also popularized silver eating utensils and the pioneers used to put a silver coin in their water, milk, or foods to keep them safe to eat.That's why we use steam distilled water and 99.9% silver. The main mechanism of colloidal silver is that it is taken up by the bacteria/virus and it combines with an enzyme that controls the respiration of the cell and turns it off. The dead cell and the silver are then expelled from the body by the usual means. It has been shown effective with 650 different one-celled organisms. I am allergic to penicillin and sulfa drugs so this has been a life saver for me. Some people I've given it to have become angry that such a simple cheap alternative has worked when they've spent hundreds of dollars to solve a problem that continued. For burns it is a miracle. Used it for first aid for dog, wasp, mosquito and scorpion bites and didn't need anything else. Although its powerful its also mild and can be inhaled, drunk, sprayed in eyes or ears, used to brush teeth, kill fungus, wash veggies, etc. Obviously the pharmaceutical companies don't want you to use it instead of their products, but you would be a fool to ignore its importance. It's telling that you can only find 2 instances of argyria on the internet with all the millions of people who have used it.

• Like 1