Chapala.com Webboard

Coronavirus in our area

a mask will protect you in so far, that every time that you want to touch your face inadvertently, you will realize it and therefore reduces the risk.

• Like 1

also....lots of Covid19 cases in warmer climates Australia ( where it was Summer ), all over Africa ( Kenya, Namibia, Congo and today in Ruanda ) and in the middle East

42 minutes ago, Rony said:

quote "it dies if it is exposed to temperatures of 26-27 ° and above."

so...if our normal body temperature is around 37 Celsius, why doesnt it die then ( when entering our body )

38 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

That is a damned good question.

It is a living organism. It is perishable. Lower temperatures help it survive longer like refrigeration helps perishable foods last much longer. It needs moisture to survive. It needs a medium to survive and reproduce. Outside of a host it will die in a short period of time.

Our body is a host and has moisture and a cozy warm medium inside and is dark so it will thrive. Our immune system will attack it. Hopefully kill it.

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Actually, if I read this correctly, I am impressed that the US leads all reported in ICU beds, which is what seems to be of significance here. 29.3 per 100, 000 is a Lot of beds.

My paper money is going into the dryer. My coins are getting parked in the sun on a tray.

Interesting about the moist environment of the human body but it is also recommended to stay well hydrated and to sip water constantly to wash any virus into the acidic environment of the stomach. Not sure how that works in the case of a norovirus. Damned if you do and damned if out don't.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Go ahead, protect her and yourselves but you may want to give her an explanation so that she and her family can let others know (via text or cell). I doubt very much that any of our helpers are reading the same newspapers that we are and are aware of what is going on in the rest of the world. Certainly the Mexican government has their heads in the sand.

Rarely do I find a working class Mexican that has any knowledge of this virus. Wife's brother (civil engineer) and wife(elementary teacher) know almost nothing. Very few Mexicans of working class ever listen to news and weather on tv, or read that in newspapers. They just live their lives.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rony said:

also....lots of Covid19 cases in warmer climates Australia ( where it was Summer ), all over Africa ( Kenya, Namibia, Congo and today in Ruanda ) and in the middle East

Keep in mind there is a difference in having imported cases and direct transfer infection versus contamination infection. in the first case, the environment is not involved at all and in the second case, environment may not matter (distance from infected person is more important). But, since personal habits and behaviors vary a good deal, I think there are too many variables to reach any conclusions. Just find a balance that works for you.

Our bodies have a genetic flaw. Invading viruses and bacteria have a biofilm, which protects from attack from immune response drones. The flaw is most of our body cells have no biofilm protection against these invaders and they can become so embedded they are very difficult to treat/ extract. I think this is what is going on with this Covid. So this disease should not be blamed on Wuhan, but rather Adam and Eve!

By the way, as i mentioned on another thread, there is a new group on Facebook called ChapalaCovid19

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Hi, what's your source, and who is "local", please?

A notice has been sent out for the meeting tomorrow Reunion de Emergencia to discuss Covid 19 measures for all establishments related to the production and sale of food.  The meeting is at Auditorio de la Antigua in Chapala at 1pm March 17.  

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

The 'death of businessman Jose Harfush' that was reported then denied.... a Poster on another SMA forum who states that she 'knows the family' says that he has indeed died. He was a cousin of Carlos Slim.  This amounts to at least 3rd hand info but.....

Last night all newspapers and some tv news reported Jose Kuri Harfush a 71 year old who is the head of Grupo Imbursa and worth about 40 billion dollars,   returned from Vail Colorado ...quickly fell ill and tested positive for Covid 19 and died, saying he was Mexico's first death.

In the presidential press conference this morning AMLO said he was in fact he is in intensive care. The reports of his death have been removed from many of the newspapers. 

6 hours ago, Rony said:

a mask will protect you in so far, that every time that you want to touch your face inadvertently, you will realize it and therefore reduces the risk.

Not necessarily true. Health officials have been warning about wearing masks because unless one is trained, like medical personnel are, as to how to wear and remove it properly, it can do more harm than good. People tend to fiddle around with masks. I saw a woman wearing one yesterday who was constantly grabbing it by the top, right by her nose, with thumb inside the mask and index finger outside, to keep pulling it up. Unless her hands were totally sterile, she just helped to introduce whatever she might have had on her hands to the inside of her mask.

• Thanks 2