Chapala.com Webboard

great new gem in Chapala

texmextwo

Platiquemos Pizza....Great food, good service and prices in Chapala and not in the village, taking Zaragosa north past Farmacia Gudalajara on the street Pepe Gazar. They have a nice menu with appetizers, paninis, pastas, pizzas,  salads, beer, and wine. We had a little bit of everything as their was five of us and everyone was more than happy with their orders and most of us took home food. Take the cerratera past Sorriana heading north, take a right, then the first left past the carneceria, take the next right and go down the hill, then take the first left, drive 4 blocks and turn right just past the new clinic, its on your right about 50 yards...(you can follow the Clinica signs that will get you to the Clinic and turn right just past it)……………...Or, take Zaragosa north almost to the Chapala Haciendas 1, pass the Church, take the 2nd street to the left and it will be on your left about 100 yards.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, texmextwo said:

Platiquemos Pizza....Great food, good service and prices in Chapala and not in the village, taking Zaragosa north past Farmacia Gudalajara on the street Pepe Gazar. They have a nice menu with appetizers, paninis, pastas, pizzas,  salads, beer, and wine. We had a little bit of everything as their was five of us and everyone was more than happy with their orders and most of us took home food. Take the cerratera past Sorriana heading north, take a right, then the first left past the carneceria, take the next right and go down the hill, then take the first left, drive 4 blocks and turn right just past the new clinic, its on your right about 50 yards...(you can follow the Clinica signs that will get you to the Clinic and turn right just past it)……………...Or, take Zaragosa north almost to the Chapala Haciendas 1, pass the Church, take the 2nd street to the left and it will be on your left about 100 yards.

Sounds as if it's way out in the boonis...most of us can barely venture into Wal-Mart freezer section

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

NO!!!

Huh ? ? ? ?   I just clicked on it and it shows the route from Centro Laguna Mall to Platiquemos Pizza at Las Lomas #63, Chapala  - the address on their Facebook page. 

On March 5, 2020 at 9:17 PM, Wookie said:

This will be a great place to go to when the days are long as they are open from 4:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.  Looking on their fb page the food looks absolutely delish.  Hope it measures up the pictures!!!

The photos do their food justice!

• Thanks 1

As a result of the glowing opening post, we made a reservation for last night and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. This, obviously, fairly new restaurant is very attractive with a small interior dining room but a significantly larger covered terrace adjoining.  When we arrived at 7 we were the only clients.  In the next 20 minutes the exterior room where we were seated became increasingly populated with Mexican families.  The menu indicates that the majority of offerings as being Italian but....... the pizza we ordered looked wonderful just like their website pictures we'd seen prior to calling for the reservation,  the pizza we received, while looking great, simply wasn't remotely close to a "real pizza".  The pizza crust tasted mostly of flour and was more like a biscuit than pizza dough.  Not pleasant and definitely not Italian.  The three of us had planned on sampling the pizza and then ordering our "mains" afterwards.  However, the very disappointing pizza made us cautious of what else we might find to be disappointing so we politely asked for our bill, left a normal gratuity and left.

However, very pleasant young staff, low prices,  meticulously clean establishment......but the location might be a little difficult to find for many of the expat crowd who aren't familiar with Chapala but.....we really wouldn't return.

The other diners, all Mexican, appeared to be quite happy with what they were eating so maybe it's just that they've become, over time,  accustomed to the Mexican version of Italian.  We have not!

• Thanks 1

If it's Mexican pizza, I'd say it was never meant to approximate Italian or even NOB. They prefer a thin crackery crust, what we back home would use for a "gourmet pizza". With the different toppings, one either seems to like it or not like it. I always have, although I much prefer an NOB style.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, Carnivore said:

As a result of the glowing opening post, we made a reservation for last night and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. This, obviously, fairly new restaurant is very attractive with a small interior dining room but a significantly larger covered terrace adjoining.  When we arrived at 7 we were the only clients.  In the next 20 minutes the exterior room where we were seated became increasingly populated with Mexican families.  The menu indicates that the majority of offerings as being Italian but....... the pizza we ordered looked wonderful just like their website pictures we'd seen prior to calling for the reservation,  the pizza we received, while looking great, simply wasn't remotely close to a "real pizza".  The pizza crust tasted mostly of flour and was more like a biscuit than pizza dough.  Not pleasant and definitely not Italian.  The three of us had planned on sampling the pizza and then ordering our "mains" afterwards.  However, the very disappointing pizza made us cautious of what else we might find to be disappointing so we politely asked for our bill, left a normal gratuity and left.

However, very pleasant young staff, low prices,  meticulously clean establishment......but the location might be a little difficult to find for many of the expat crowd who aren't familiar with Chapala but.....we really wouldn't return.

The other diners, all Mexican, appeared to be quite happy with what they were eating so maybe it's just that they've become, over time,  accustomed to the Mexican version of Italian.  We have not!

I found the food to be inedible.

The pizza crust could well be the packaged crust with sauce sold in Soriana. It has the exact markings an the bottom. The pasta...okay, I admit pasta is not my thing, but it's seriously difficult to totally miss the mark with pasta, but they manage.

Enjoyable atmosphere with barely decent service.  And for those who think it's "a new gem" it's been there for two years, mas o menos.

1 hour ago, chapalence said:

I found the food to be inedible.

The pizza crust could well be the packaged crust with sauce sold in Soriana. It has the exact markings an the bottom. The pasta...okay, I admit pasta is not my thing, but it's seriously difficult to totally miss the mark with pasta, but they manage.

Enjoyable atmosphere with barely decent service.  And for those who think it's "a new gem" it's been there for two years, mas o menos.

I have eaten there many  times and do not recognize the place by your description. Everyone I have brought there loved it and returned bringing others.