Chapala.com Webboard

Driver’s licenses available in Chapala beginning tomorrow

Al Berca

For those that don't do F***book, it says in part:

You will now be able to process your driver's license here in Chapala, from Wednesday 26 February will open its doors the new module of driver licenses to provide the service to citizenship.
ATTENTION SCHEDULE: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cedros said:

So it looks like once again it is just a one day wonder. Still no progress in getting a permanent license issuing place Lakeside.  

The place looks pretty permanent to me. Why not come and see instead of bitchin'?

87346716_2557213621184922_2489063062770810880_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

The place looks pretty permanent to me. Why not come and see instead of bitchin'?

It does look permanent but.... I took a friend to get his license their several years back but they moved it back to Guadalajara the next day. Hopefully it will stay. No use going right now. I will wait a few weeks and see if they are still there.

55 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Would it be just as easy for the authorities to give us an official notice...Many of us would prefer not to waste time....why is that so differcul....if futile chasing is your hobby fine..just not my thing

• Thanks 1

Just now, happyjillin said:

It's so difficult to find the time when you're retired-EH!

No I just prefer to use it in a more productive and satisfying manner...seems as one gets older one has less energy to go hunt and seek.....but if you can fit it into your schedule please do is all a service and report back....but I will not hold my breath...but that is another story

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Before transito was always in rented buildings. This building was built specifically for this purpose and is owned by the government. Licensing should be around at least until Alfaro leaves office.

No, this building was not built specifically for this purpose, but used to house Aseo Publico, but has been remodelled for use by Movilidad.

7 hours ago, slainte39 said:

You couldn´t make a more UN- intelligent  statement-

I could say the same about you comment but no use two of us being uninformed and rude.

Movilidad has a history of setting up temporary testing stations. I got my first drivers license in Riberas. I have seen them in 5 different locations.

Probably a good idea to give them a few weeks to get through the startup bumps before going there.  There were license services here a long time before the corruption excuse was used to shut it down.  (I say excuse because the obvious solution was simply to replace the corrupt people, not shut down.)  Let's be optimistic.  This was sorely needed for everyone who lives here and greatly appreciated.

37 minutes ago, Atticus2 said:

I went there today and renewed my license.  I first paid at the Recadora and then went to the new office.  It is a very nice facility and everyone there was friendly and professional.  The whole process took less than one hour.

What documentation do you need?  Any idea how many weeks/months can you renew before the expiration date?

15 minutes ago, Atticus2 said:

Sorry, I spelled it wrong.  It is Recuadadora ( where you get your annual vehicle sticker).  It is located at the Chapala office #026 is located at Degollado 306, near the Chapala tennis courts.

There is a parking lot on the west side of the Recuadadora building.