Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Need US Tax Accountant for Mexican Bank Forms


Recommended Posts

Need recommendations for a tax accountant to fill out the US tax forms reporting Mexican bank account information. This will be sent to my US accountant for my 2019 US  taxes. Can send a PM if needed. Many thanks.

"Any U.S. citizen with foreign bank accounts totaling more than $10,000 must declare them to the IRS and the U.S. Treasury, both on income tax returns and on FinCEN Form 114."

"Americans with foreign accounts must also submit Form 8938 to the IRS in addition to the largely redundant FBAR form."


Link to comment
Share on other sites

its a standard procedure, to file fin cen 114 if you have over 10,000 total in foreign accounts if you have a Mexican bank account you wont get your constancia to about  middle March.

constancia will state interest you earned and taxes you paid that you can deduct of form 1116.

do you live here permanently check IRS website for 8939 instructions, you may not need to file it.  full timers get a bigger exemption.

Pm me  if you have a question

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...