Chapala.com Webboard

Costco, back side, on Lopez Mateos

bezerk

Hi,  I should know this but hidden somewhere in my head!  If I wish to go to the back side Costco, on Lopez Mateos Sur, and wan to avoid the long trek west.  I believe I can take the New? Macrolibramiento , as if heading to PV, but what is the name of the exit I wish to get off to go to Costco? Anyone know, would greatly appreciate help on this. :)

Guadalajara exit. To highway 80 Guadalajara via Santa Cruz. There are some smaller exits off the Macrolibramients but they aren't signed-they just go to a few houses. 

Get on the macrolibramiento (costs 73 pesos for a car); travel for about 20 minutes; there is a big dip with a quarry on the right; go up the hill, road will bear right and yes metal topes

, take the exit, you are merging into traffic so beware; continue driving - go down 2 underpasses, when you see UNE on the left, get over to the far right lane as the topes & barriers are coming up fast; turn right into Costco.

I assume you know how to get out of Costco.

Reverse trip - when you are close to the libramiento; long sweeping uphill curve (careful restaurants on the bottom corner are busy on Sunday), There is an exit ramp OFF the libramiento right before your right hand exit ON to the libramiento. So if a big truck is coming down the off ramp it gets a bit interesting.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mkshawn said:

We just returned from Manzanillo. There is a great deal of construction going on with a new interchange being assembled for the travel to or from Jocotepec on 15 towards 80 & 54D. No signage for a detour in any direction?

Correct.  You have to drive north several miles to a turnaround just before the Macrolibremiento to get headed south.  Coming from Manzanillo you have to do the same thing again then exit at the still open exit for Joco.  Really poorly thought out.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

...but typical Mexican. 

It really is.  Why a relatively straightforward junction between two roads needs this weird design really escapes me.  I can see that underpass thingy being flooded much of the time during rainy season.  Right now it is a royal pain in the butt and that retourno situation is truly hazardous most of the time due to the heavy traffic on Manzanillo highway south of the Libremiento.

ea93105: Is that what all the fuss was about.

Drove thru the corral both ways, on the way home they waved me into this free portal. No signage & the digital display is of no use to anyone but a frequent user? The old static display was very readable however not easily changeable. Simple stupid!

Thank you all, I am now a bit confused with Manzanillo being mentioned.  I live in San Antonio so will I save a substantial amount of time going this way as opposed to the carretera to the mountain bypass road, old back way avoiding Jocotepec. Sorry I am clueless on route numbers LOL. 

Am I going to hit  a lot of construction? as mentioned in regards to Manzanillo, the construction here alone is maddening.  

Thank you I am fine getting out of Costco..but is reverse exit marked as Macrolibramiento?   

5 hours ago, bezerk said:

Thank you all, I am now a bit confused with Manzanillo being mentioned.  I live in San Antonio so will I save a substantial amount of time going this way as opposed to the carretera to the mountain bypass road, old back way avoiding Jocotepec. Sorry I am clueless on route numbers LOL. 

Am I going to hit  a lot of construction? as mentioned in regards to Manzanillo, the construction here alone is maddening.  

Thank you I am fine getting out of Costco..but is reverse exit marked as Macrolibramiento?   

Manzanillo should be in another thread as you don't go through that intersection that they are writing about to go to Costco. Just ignore it. No construction on your route. If there is it will be minor. After you leave Costco and want to return to Chapala take Lopez Mateos SW (left) towards Jocotpec and Colima. About 20 minutes along your route you will drive through a wide valley with a long hill up on the far side. Near the top of this hill there is large overpass that is the Macrolibramiento that you should take towards Chapala and the airport (left). 

8 hours ago, bezerk said:

Thanks you everyone, I tried google maps and maybe I need to be on road but it just gave me the old way! 

I do still plan to try this route.  Thank you all. 

Google maps may not be up to date. I used to be challenged as a far a driving in Guadalajara was concerned but that route is very easy to follow.