Chapala.com Webboard

I saw a new one NOB in California.

I went to a small town in So. California, and noted that several gas stations had different prices for gas when paid in cash as opposed to a credit card. A CC purchase was $0.10 per gallon more than a cash purchase. I think this would equate to the charge made to the merchants for taking the CC. Anyone see this in any other areas?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

I went to a small town in So. California, and noted that several gas stations had different prices for gas when paid in cash as opposed to a credit card. A CC purchase was $0.10 per gallon more than a cash purchase. I think this would equate to the charge made to the merchants for taking the CC. Anyone see this in any other areas?

If you choose your CC carefully, the card kicks back 4 or 5%. In California you should get back 11¢ to 17¢ more than covering the cost of using the card. Gasoline here is close to $4.29 a gallon and you will get back about 21¢.  

11 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Not really, if you pay your water bill with a credit card rather then cash there will be an additional charge.

When did SIMAPA start accepting credit cards at all?  You can pay your property tax with one but last year SIMAPA wanted cash.

A lot of places here charge 3 percent more, for example Costco.

NOB when buying fuel for our motorhome most of the truck stops have a higher price for credit cards.

I have a Bancomer credit card {plus many others} with 60,000 peso credit limit. Last week I purchased about 1500 pesos worth of stuff from Walmart.  I used my few points and saved 160 pesos of my purchase. That's about 9 bucks off. Not bad for just buying gas and other stuff with a CC. The key is always pay bill when due so no interest. In my case I just use their app and pay card. Almost weekly. If someone where living on a fixed income this could add up. On one Chase card I have 60,000 frequent flyer miles just buying normal stuff. Another Chase card I have 180000 points I can use any of IHG hotels like Holiday Inn or Intercontinental or about 12 different hotels in the chain for free. It is rare I use my debit card. Why leave money on the table? 

16 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

Ancient "news". 

• Like 10