Chapala.com Webboard

Cashing US Check

luvsdawgs

20 minutes ago, wanderer said:

if this person has a US bank then check and see if the bank allows online deposits. i have deposited several US checks into my US account with my iphone.

Have you deposited in your US bank while here in Mexico using your phone and photo of check? That would really be valuable.

2 minutes ago, geeser said:

Have you deposited in your US bank while here in Mexico using your phone and photo of check? That would really be valuable.

Yes. Just did one yesterday. Very convenient

On 1/25/2020 at 9:24 AM, geeser said:

Depends on the bank. Tried it with Capital One and they said they would not do that while I'm out of the country. I tried it with a VPN and they still knew I was not in the USA.

It must not be hard to cash a US check as I have had three government checks cashed, one from Florida and two from Texas, and I never even received them. It is obvious that the local mail people are thieves and forgers. Now I have to do three fraud affidavits and hope the local bank(s) that cashed them get to eat it.

6 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

It must not be hard to cash a US check as I have had three government checks cashed, one from Florida and two from Texas, and I never even received them. It is obvious that the local mail people are thieves and forgers. Now I have to do three fraud affidavits and hope the local bank(s) that cashed them get to eat it.

Do you mean US Postal workers in FL and TX? 

Or Mexico Postal workers? 

Or the local mail forwarding companies here at Lakeside?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 9:32 AM, AngusMactavish said:

Where did you cash them? 

I had a check written by a local hotel owner that was drawn in US dollars from a bank in Texas. I have an account at HSBC and they would not cash it. Instead I had to take it to iShop and mail it to my bank in Canada for deposit. From iShop it went to Texas via courier where it was put into the US postal system. A very slow process. It still hasn't arrived a month later.

On 1/25/2020 at 9:24 AM, geeser said:

Many US banks apps have a scan with phone and deposit function.  Also brokerage like Etrade, Fidelity, Schwab, etc. Mine let me deposit Us checks while in Mexico.