Chapala.com Webboard

seen surgical tubing lakeside?

bdmowers

6 hours ago, artsnob said:

The medical supply in west Ajijic 

I don`t know where this is.   Would you be able to give a better description of the location?  Name, street, landmark?  Thank you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, happyjillin said:

There is a big difference between surgical tubing and pvc tubing .Visually they may look the same but functionally, no. Surgical is flexible and can be used in slingshots among other things. A medical supply place would be the best source,not a hardware store.

surgical tubing.jpg

pvc tubing.jpg

Both are used in surgery.  Believe me, I worked in surgery many years.

pvc tubing and pvc pipe are two different things.

Clear pvc is most commonly used.  It’s used for suction, air, oxygen, CO2 among other things. It comes in 1/4”, 3/8”, and 1/2” ID.

The thick rubber tubing is most often used for chest bottle drainage. They can be “milked” to keep them patent and don’t loose their elasticity.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, Jreboll said:

Clear pvc is most commonly used.  It’s used for suction, air, oxygen, CO2 among other things. It comes in 1/4”, 3/8”, and 1/2” ID.

The thick rubber tubing is most often used for chest bottle drainage. They can be “milked” to keep them patent and don’t loose their elasticity.

I need tubing that is elastic, stretchable - surgical tubing.  It does not exist in the medical supply place on the carretera in Ajijic, nor in any of the famacias.

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

3 hours ago, Yo1 said:

I just looked on MercadoLibre and searched for surgical tubing and came up with a photo of what you want with arrows to the right for more vendors.

Yes, they have it on their site, but it comes from China.  On the slow boat.   And I just got a note from them that the slow boat just got slower because of a particular virus that is they're having a bit of  problem with.

Thanks, both, for looking out for me!

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, dennis clark said:

Did you find any surgical tubing?

No, never did.  I went to the medical supply place just north of the main part of Ajijic where everyone said to go but they didn`t have it. I was going to use it for home gym purposes,  bought some from Mercado Libre which never came (from China) then found bicycle inner tubing and have used that to contruct my home gym. Thanks for asking!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1