Chapala.com Webboard

Hard water stains

JGiff

Hola

Searched the site and couldn't find anything on this so I will ask.

I have windows with hard water stains on them. They have been stained for 2 years. I have tried the water and vinegar solution, even with 0000 steal wool and it's not coming off.

Do any of you very wise people know where I can find a product here that may work ? I have found some products on Amazon mx but I don't seem to be able to use my Amazon prime Canada for free shipping. The shipping is just about the cost of the product. 

TIA.  

Pears soap is available in SuperLake. My mum used this extensively for cleaning, especially faucets. I made a wet paste and left it on the windows where the sprinkler hit and left hard water. About a half hour later, I scrubbed it around and off then rinsed the window. Took a second application but then they were fine... and then I went and played with the sprinkler heads to make sure it didn't happen again.

I have also used coconut oil and a scrubbie to take chrome taps back to their original finish. They were white with hard water deposits... Takes some effort and patience over a few days but they came clean.

Both products are gentle on you, the environment and whatever you want to get clean.

• Like 1

https://www.mrclean.com/en-us/how-to/bathroom/easy-tips-to-beat-hard-water

A chemical free, glove free option using water only (ironically enough), and can also work on polishing car headlights and other fun jobs.  

Test first on a small area.     

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mudgirl said:

The OP wasn't asking about faucets- he was asking about windows.

Yo1 was within range of the topic-Hard Water Stains-what would work for faucets would probably work on windows

I had windows that seemed to be permanently stained by water from sprinklers. I had to call on Saul the window washer at 333 454 4625. He got rid of the stains with his special solution and a lot of scrubbing. 

• Like 1