Chapala.com Webboard

No Telmex Upper Ajijic

I suggest you utilyze Telmex.com. If you use Chrome as your browser and have it set up to translate, the page will automatically translate to English.

Go to "My Telmex"- "Assistance and Support"- "Request Assistance"

My experience with the local office has been less than good, but dealing direct has been excellent. 

If those around you have service and you don't it is likely a wiring issue. Telmex did a great job troubleshooting and running a new line across the roof, thru the outside wall, around the room to the jack. Cost? Gratis.

• Like 1

To contact Telmex - Mexico City....    dial   01-800-123-2222.  Computer voice in Spanish will answer.  Keep pushing "1" each time until a real person answers (in Spanish).  Clearly say "English" and you will be transferred to an English speaker.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Before I read the latest comments I went down the hill to Telmex and the pleasant young lady said the tech would call today. Ok I'm not holding my breath.

The local ATT office does not offer the internet modem any longer so I went next door to ANA at Telcel and signed up for a modem. She said she has customers on my street that have it and it works good. I go back at 2PM to pick it up.

When I am done I will have four Internets counting my 15 GIG monthly USA ATT hot spot.

Do you think that is enough? :)

I m still working online and really really need internet!

Who knows anything anymore... mine was out until just now, went about 2pm, here in the village.  Friends in west Ajijic had none, friends west of them had none, and so on.  I think this happened a week or so ago too... frustrating.

But the thing that takes the cake is my second infinitum account.  I have internet in the casita, and have for 16 years (remember dial up).  This account covered the main house in many spots.  Sooo, I finally had Telmex install internet on my second tel line for the house in October.  It worked great for three months.  The other day the modem went a bit berserk with all the lights flashing and no signal.  I called Telmex ... that was a treat.  Asked for serial number of modem... said modem doesn’t exist.  Gave all info, and they said I have no contract...which is why it doesn’t work.  They could not explain and it’s not a subject covered in their script.  They said they would send out a new modem... but kept transferring me to people who had no idea why they got me, and I ended up where I started.  Double frustration.  So still no “new” service on that line.  Guess I take my contract in this week for some possible clarification.  Just an aside, I speak fluent Spanish.

Aaaarrrrrggghhhh.

Still no Telmex on Lazaro Cardenes. Six days down so far.

I know no one but a tech can fix it and yes a work order has been placed with Mexico City and the Ajijic office.

Will I get a reduction in my next bill? He He.

Others in the complex have the same issue but not all.

I will eventually have four Internets counting my cell hot spot, then after a year the weakest will be cut loose.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:25 PM, Bettinka said:

Who knows anything anymore... mine was out until just now, went about 2pm, here in the village.  Friends in west Ajijic had none, friends west of them had none, and so on.  I think this happened a week or so ago too... frustrating.

But the thing that takes the cake is my second infinitum account.  I have internet in the casita, and have for 16 years (remember dial up).  This account covered the main house in many spots.  Sooo, I finally had Telmex install internet on my second tel line for the house in October.  It worked great for three months.  The other day the modem went a bit berserk with all the lights flashing and no signal.  I called Telmex ... that was a treat.  Asked for serial number of modem... said modem doesn’t exist.  Gave all info, and they said I have no contract...which is why it doesn’t work.  They could not explain and it’s not a subject covered in their script.  They said they would send out a new modem... but kept transferring me to people who had no idea why they got me, and I ended up where I started.  Double frustration.  So still no “new” service on that line.  Guess I take my contract in this week for some possible clarification.  Just an aside, I speak fluent Spanish.

Aaaarrrrrggghhhh.

Living lakeside has many, many benefits...internet is definitely not one of them for many folks.

Going on 12 days without Telmex now. Three of us in the small complex without. The tech was here last Friday and told the maintenance guy he had to run new wires along a wall. Ok so why not do it then?

Purchased a Telcel modem at a well recommended store downtown Ajijic. Works almost all of the time after I paid a bill from May 2019??? Supposed to be a new modem.

Paid about 2500 peso for the modem and 399 deposit and 399 for rent but was told those were the first and last month on a year contract. Ok so how does that get applied?

OK maybe I am the dumb one here but the Telcel people are as smart as Einstein when you are signing up but dumb as a donkey when you question them about anything.

I must have internet so I won't rock the boat for now. That was Telcel store number 3 that I went to.

Since I am only Temporal i believe that comes into play. Just a heads up.

• Sad 1

I cannot imagine why anyone who "must have internet" moves here.

As with all things involved in relocating to a foreign country, the learning curve when it comes to services is steep. Steep is okay if all you're missing is a night of Youtube videos and an entirely different matter when you are doing something more important (to you).

Guadalajara might be a better option.

Points well taken for sure.

While you tube is important to us my work online is essential.

To be up to date on Telmex our complex handyman said today that Telmex was here and tried to pull wires through a long length of driveway through the tubes and it got stuck so maybe another week.

Maybe I should get a couple hundred feet of phone wire for a temporary patch?

There are options depending on how much  you want to spend. and where you live. My neighbor works online and has 2 connections. Telmex fibre plus he and a friend installed a tower that has an ILOX modem and sends the signal over a microwave to his house about 1KM away.  Also there are areas that have cable.