Chapala.com Webboard

Recaudadora

Floradude

I heard from a friend (who has a friend that works in the Recaudadora) Tuesday night that the Recaudadora had received 1500 stickers.                                                 

Today, Wednesday I arrived at the recaudadora at 2:15 pm  There were 8 people in line ahead of me--including the three at the windows. When it came to my turn at the window I was in and out in two minutes.  I left at 2:30 pm. with my sticker, etc.  The worst part of the whole process was the drive into and out of Chapala

• Like 1

The 2020 sticker has a different shape then the previous year stickers. Its a rectangle and also a little smaller which is helpful when your car starts to add in years and you run out of space on your windows...The transit police also can spot you at a distance if you have not paid your road tax !  

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

Today, Friday, Chapala at 1 PM. In five minutes I paid and got the card and sticker.

Thanks for the tip off.  Ran down there and got it done quickly as well.  Took 10 minutes though.  :D 

Note they close the doors promptly at 2:30PM and they really do it exactly on time.  I made it with 1 minute to spare.

If coming from the west on the carretera, continue through the stoplight onto Morelos in Chapala two blocks to left on Zaragosa street (one way north) go two blocks, turn right on Degollado, the Recaudadora is on your right, white building, a couple blocks down, just a few doors before you get to Gonzales Gallo, that big divided street that goes up to the train station.  I have had no problem finding a parking place on Degollado within a block of the place. 

• Thanks 1

I went to get my car registration on Thursday.  They gave me the paper but no sticker and told me to come back on February 2nd.  When I checked the calendar I saw the 2nd is a Sunday.   Are they opening another day because of the backup or could have heard wrong.  The clerk giving out the registration paper and the cop said the same thing and told me to go to the large room on the side of the counter when I return.

I doubt very much if they're open on a Sunday and believe the clerk just made an error.

As far as directions go...I don't bother going through Chapala any more. Coming from the west, I turn right at the lights and go around by the malecon (or Paseo Ramon Corona if you want to be precise) and UP Gonazalez Gallo. The third street up on the left is Degollado and the Recaudadora is nearly at the bottom of it. Do a retorno on Gonzalez Gallo and park anywhere you want and walk the half block up Degollado to the office which will be on your left. I return the same way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...