Chapala.com Webboard

Fancy divider from bike path in La Floresta

ea93105

It is quite elaborate. People won't be able to steal them or break them off like they did with the green poles. It will be interesting to see the finished product.

1 hour ago, ea93105 said:

Looks like a little mountain range with what looks to be a planter in the middle ? Hopefully they add badly needed street lights also, that section is pitch black at night

There is hose for electrical cable and the bases for light poles. All those bicycles at night will have light on their path.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

In front of Multiva the bike lane is wider than the car lane. You have to straddle the yellow divider line to get by.  Not sure how they will correct that

Exactly,  much of the bike lane has encroach on to the highway. Also when completed the bike lane surface will be better, in particular the section in Chapala, than the highway..Go figure that  out 

The whole project is just insane.

A bike lane as wide as the ones for cars and trucks?

Left turns and buses stopping now impede traffic?

As Happyjillin pointed out - what happens when an ambulance can't pass because traffic is backed up in both directions and cars can't get off the road?

SunFan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is what I think - the Chapala government does not have money for "real" projects because of the previous administrations going back a ways has obligated the current budgets for lawsuits and settlements etc... so when the State of Jalisco offers some money for special projects they take it regardless of whether it suits our needs or not.  Obviously we need to make safe and beautiful bike lanes for the 3-400 people a day who use the lane.  The fact that thousands are using the roadways and safety is compromised initially means nothing.  Fast forward a few years and an administration will be ripping it all out to create a 3rd or even 4th lane.  Such a waste.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, solajijic said:

Here is what I think - the Chapala government does not have money for "real" projects because of the previous administrations going back a ways has obligated the current budgets for lawsuits and settlements etc... so when the State of Jalisco offers some money for special projects they take it regardless of whether it suits our needs or not.  Obviously we need to make safe and beautiful bike lanes for the 3-400 people a day who use the lane.  The fact that thousands are using the roadways and safety is compromised initially means nothing.  Fast forward a few years and an administration will be ripping it all out to create a 3rd or even 4th lane.  Such a waste.

Here is what I "know". Any large projects here "any time" are funded by the state or federal governments never from Chapala's "regular budgets" so lawsuits,etc. have nothing to do with this latest mother of all projects. The Jalisco Government supplied the funds and the Chapala Government is supplying the labour and machinery. The state told the muni we will give you the money if you do it our way or you get nada. Not only is the bike path not needed for any reason but most importantly it will interfere with the movement of emergency vehicles. Last but not least it does away with a whole lot of parking. some mom and pop businesses  will probably go bankrupt.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, solajijic said:

"If you build it, they will come"  Wouldn't it be wonderful if all the locals could use bikes or trikes instead of automobiles? I am using my bicycle now and it is one less car on the road. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Confirmation today from a worker that the openings in the middle are for plants. I see stubs for lights every 40 ft or so. I agree that the path is too wide near Mulitiva, they are going to have to move the road centerline. 

• Like 1

Be nice if they could just keep the bulbs working in traffic lights.  The corner of Galeana, by Oxxo, and the Carretera is an accident waiting to happen.  The light going North and south turns green but the red east west light on the  Carretera is burnt out.  I have seen several near misses.  Both directions think their light is green

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Be nice if they could just keep the bulbs working in traffic lights.  The corner of Galeana, by Oxxo, and the Carretera is an accident waiting to happen.  The light going North and south turns green but the red east west light on the  Carretera is burnt out.  I have seen several near misses.  Both directions think their light is green

They want to keep us alert.

On 1/6/2020 at 6:33 PM, Kyle said:

The eternal Mexican question "Is black red or is black green?". This morning I ran two black lights .

• Haha 2

On 1/3/2020 at 6:34 PM, ea93105 said:

Looks like a little mountain range with what looks to be a planter in the middle ? Hopefully they add badly needed street lights also, that section is pitch black at night

Yes they are elaborate, but the money would have been better spent on patching pot holes and removing topes.