Chapala.com Webboard

Renewing vehicle registration

Sticker is less important than the receipt for payment of registration. If they are too stupid to begin the year without the necessary supplies, I am not going to negotiate the construction to go get one later down the line.

They do not know for sure when they will have the 2020 stickers..They said to check back in 2 weeks, I will try  in about a month..I did receive the new registration, nothing in the goverment changes in 2 weeks..I will wait until I am assured via this board that the window stickers are available..YMMV

I thought I saw the website where I could re-new online but don't see the link now.  Can someone share it with me?

Thanks,

Val Jones :)

https://www.jalisco.gob.mx/es/gobierno/comunicados/refrendo-vehicular-2020

Discounts for vehicle endorsement will apply as follows:

• January - 10% discount.
  • February and March - 5% discount
  • In April the regular payment of the annual vehicle endorsement begins.

For vehicles (cars, trucks, trucks, etc,) the amount set is $ 649.00 pesos , plus $ 53.00 pesos to support the Red Cross and Casa Hogar Cabañas. (Red cross $ 31.00 pesos and Hogar Cabañas. $ 22.00 pesos)

In the same way, you can pay the annual motorcycle endorsement fee of $ 260.00 pesos , plus $ 53.00 pesos to support the Red Cross and Casa Hogar Cabañas. (Red cross $ 31.00 pesos and Hogar Cabañas.$ 22.00 pesos)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Oooooh. I'll just rush in and wait in ridiculous lines for a 65 peso discount. Now, I have to figure out what I'm going to spend that four bucks Canadian on.

Maybe something soothing to add to a foot bath which you will need for your aching feet?

• Haha 2

GREAT!  Was able to go on-line and pay for my 2020 Refrendo.  Yea, no waiting in lines.  I'll keep the receipt in my car for proof.

Thanks,

Val  :)

lakeside7, when I pay online (which I do almost every year), you do not receive a sticker.  Just keep the receipt in the car and if asked for proof, show it to Vialidad or the Federales.  I much prefer this method as the stickers (over time) tend to obscure your view.

Cheers!

Val Jones  :)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Floradude said:

Why keep all the old stickers on your window?   Being a neat freak I always take the old ones off.   One current one is enough!

Right. Why block your vision when it isn't necessary.