Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox not doing ip changes

Since ilox came to town i have as part of my iptv service, had to ask them to change from private to public ip addresess.

Until 3 weeks ago they have been extremely efficient and done this within hours.

However 3 weeks ago things have changed for the worse, they send a standard email saying its been passed onto their engineering dept and will advise when change made.

When i asked why the changes i got no response.

My clients have also contacted them, again without success.

They arent doing themselves any favors.

Coincidence this change happened around same time as lack of boxes and no installs.

This ongoing struggle in every area of iLox's customer service is disheartening. I have let them know that people are cancelling, including some who were original supporters and paid "the big bucks" up front nearly two years ago to get the show on the road.

It is no company's responsibility to let the consumer see what's going on inside, other than when it might benefit customer relations. But iLox seems intent on taking that to the extreme, and ignoring everyone.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Guess ILOX is not the be all and end all when it comes to internet providers. Their reputation for service to non business customers is well known in towns they have served for a few years.

I don't think anyone thought it would be the "be all". What everyone wanted was decent Internet speed, and an end to the iron grip of callousness as displayed by TelMex for many years. And from what I can see, once iLox actually started installing, that woke TelMex up quite a bit. It also allowed other fibre outfits, like iFibra, to start coming in. Those people who now have iLox are experiencing, along with all the problems, much better speed than they could have hoped for before.

TVRey, the parent company, is first and foremost a TV station infrastructure business. iLox is an offshoot, only a very few years old.

So I'm curious to know which towns fall into the "reputation for service to non business customers is well known in towns they have served for a few years" comment, and how you know about them, when I and others certainly don't.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I don't think anyone thought it would be the "be all". What everyone wanted was decent Internet speed, and an end to the iron grip of callousness as displayed by TelMex for many years. And from what I can see, once iLox actually started installing, that woke TelMex up quite a bit. It also allowed other fibre outfits, like iFibra, to start coming in. Those people who now have iLox are experiencing, along with all the problems, much better speed than they could have hoped for before.

TVRey, the parent company, is first and foremost a TV station infrastructure business. iLox is an offshoot, only a very few years old.

So I'm curious to know which towns fall into the "reputation for service to non business customers is well known in towns they have served for a few years" comment, and how you know about them, when I and others certainly don't.

That would be Zamora, La Piedad and Sahuayo that I am aware of, among others. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, utilitus said:

After performing some lightweight due diligence online, I posted to this board in November, 2017 "Comments posted to the ilox FaceBook page are 'mixed': (LINK NO LONGER LIVE) See https://es-la.facebook.com/pg/iloxmx/reviews/?ref=page_internal One recurring remark: "Worse than MegaCable."

Link no longer active because ILOX revamped their facebook page. Review option no longer there. 

IP4 IP numbers are impossible to get thus ILOX and others have to hand out public IP numbers carefully.  They MAY have run out. Long term solution is IP6 which will eliminate the shortage of public IP numbers.  This is not an opinion of ILOX but explaining to folks what is going on.  I don't know but I would bet for sure the phone and cable companies are sitting on a bunch of unused IP and won't share. Someone else know anything for sure about IP4 numbers and when IP6 numbers will be available?

I'm suspecting they have diverted resources to adding "new signups" in new places. After all, cash flow is crucial for any business. Almost sounds like the Bernie Madoff business model.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

That would be Zamora, La Piedad and Sahuayo that I am aware of, among others. 

I still would like to know how you know. Where are you plugged in?

I also get the feeling that a couple of you are implying that subscribers to iLox in the area should have known better.

How am I aware? When all the ILOX pre-sell started I did some research. I found that non business subscribers were posting complaints daily on the old ILOX and TVREY facebook pages. I asked relatives in Zamora and Sahuayo and was told many people were unhappy which mirrored the complaints on the facebook pages.  A short time ago my sister in law signed up in La Piedad and after 3 weeks switched back. She told me her friends had similar experience. 

Am I suggesting people should have known better?  Not in the least.  

• Thanks 3

The only other fibre operators in the area that I know of are iFibra and TelMex. iFibra does not start you with private IPs, nor does TelMex. I've had one experience with iFibra, who hooked up a motel in the area, and they were very helpful all through the setup process, which took some time due to the number of potential users and their WiFi requirements.

• Like 1

I travel frequently with my Fire Stick; never had any problems using it in hotels etc; I don't know if I was connecting to public or private IP addresses. When Ilox hooked me up last March and I couldn't get the Fire Stick to work until they assigned me a public IP address. Maybe there is something other than just changing to a public IP address; maybe a VPN would eliminate the private IP address issue.

Mrs rupert, thats the big question..

Im happy with telmex i get 20 to 25mbps, no ip change needed. However this varies from street to street ,even house to house.

I also like that telmex have a local squad of techs should it go down, ilox dont.

Since wizz changed its name it also seems to be pretty reliable these days.

Ilox when it works seems fine ,but just too many doubts for me, but many are pleased with it.

However the lack of modems, now this not changing ip address and total lack of communication, prepaids still waiting, are red flags for me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...