Chapala.com Webboard

Charlie Klestadt Memorial

hensley

It certainly would have help to let people know on this board and TOB and also post notices at LCS, Panchos, SuperLake and Torito.  That would have gotten the word out better.  This of course is for future reference for similar events.  Charlie was a great guy who worked tirelessly for some deserving causes and he is missed around here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mainecoons said:

It certainly would have help to let people know on this board and TOB and also post notices at LCS, Panchos, SuperLake and Torito.  That would have gotten the word out better.  This of course is for future reference for similar events.  Charlie was a great guy who worked tirelessly for some deserving causes and he is missed around here.

Exactly!!! But on the other hand this may have brought too many people to his memorial as many many people were aware of his selflessness.

19 hours ago, hensley said:

What a wonderful Memorial that Ann and Marty, Charlies son put on today.

Shame on all of you who knew him for years that did not show up for the event!

it was lovely and Ann & Marty had set up lots of chairs that were not even needed, had it catered with wonderful food and drinks.

Very ashamed of this community’s support of such a great man.

Despite the cold and rain, 5 minutes before the memorial started Charlie had the sun shine through for everyone that attended.

Fred Harland the MC did an awesome job!

We met Marty, Charlie’s son for drinks afterwards since we hadn’t seen him in years.

Still disappointed in the attendance!!!

I'm so sorry I missed this. I did not hear he had passed. Julie when did that happen? 

A simple case of "I must be better than you" minor league power trip. For most people, showing respect for the departed and dealing with the loss of some one like Charly is a solitary and individual act, not requiring a lot of people to help you suffer your feelings. 

How you feel about the person should not depend on how many are around you or wondering, speculating why they are not there.  Many times I have seen one person in a cemetery paying respects all alone. 

Fulfill your own need and you won´t have to shame anyone else.

• Like 5