Chapala.com Webboard

Are there foxes here ?

We live in San Antonio, but our street is where an arroyo ends. One of our cats just vanished into thin air and I can't come up with a reasonable explanation other that a predator took her. She was a perfectly healthy mature cat very skittish about venturing out. No car traffic on our street

Astrange thing happened at our house below the Danza del Sol Hotel.. One morning my husband entered the washroom at the back of the house and found blood and hair all over the place and the back part of a cat , a smaller cat.. Some animal had come in via the window  either with a cat  or had entered and surprised a cat and killed it. The strange thing is  that neither  my husband nor the dogd snf I hsf 6 st the time who slept in the house near by, heard anything...

We are in town not in a rural area but there are several large gardens around.

We cannot figure out what animal came into the house and killed the cat... It was not one of our cat.. So that is how some cats disappear in thin air..

Also one black cat showed up one day and he had long fangs, so long that I took him to the vet to ask why this cats had fangs that long.. The vet told me that he was part jaguarundi and part domesticated cat. This cat is the sweetest animal and does not fight with our other cat so I doubt he would have killed another cat.. To this day we cannot figure out who brought in or killed the cat...

Yes there are foxes and tejones and different type of wild cain the hills but we are near the lake , not in the hills.

t

We "adopted" out other cat which lived on this same street ( now spends about 50%  of time with us ) as well as her brother and 3 other cats who still live outside, this is the first disappearance that we know of. Now that I think about it, a fox is the most likely explanation especially since they have a  natural path in the arroyo from the mountains to our street.  I just didn't know about a fox being a threat here, I hope al the street cats are aware and cautious.