Chapala.com Webboard

Obtaining tarjeta de circulacion

latraviesa

I have Jalisco plates and live in Guanajuato.....San Miguel de Allende. I´ve been getting my tarjeta yearly from a friend in Ajijic. I´m wondering if I can get them online? I understand there's a Jalisco government website....if anyone knows about this would you please email me directly at lindarose51@hotmail.com....I would certainly appreciate it....thanks so much....LR

you are probably breaking the law. If you live in another state for more than 30 days you must get the docs of that state. Your insurance may be void and you are legally not up to date on your docs. If you have an accident with an address in one state and plates from another you will be in trouble.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, latraviesa said:

Thanks for the info, but not true according to a knowledgeable person here...

4 hours ago, latraviesa said:

Thanks for the info, but not true according to a knowledgeable person here...

Harry B is correct. Often "knowlegeable people" give 3rd or 4th party information.

Read your states law. Or visit the local recaudadora and ask. 

Or ask your "knowlegeable people" if they will pay if anything happens...

Yes and most are illegal. As long as they are not involved in an accident probably no problem. If involved probably jail 1 night, forfeit vehicle, large fine. Plates are equal to stolen.

Yes yes I know everyone with those plates will say they are ok. If true where is the Aduana sticker of importation? 

One can buy stolen plates and false registration in the USA also if you know how.  Just don't get caught!!

I have to ask one day what is legal.. We have Jalisco plated cars with Chiapas drivers licenses. My husband INE shows a Jalisco address and mine shows a Chiapas address. We have been  stopped a few times and never questioned about it. We also have been in accidents and not questoned about it either.  My husband spends most of his time in Jalisco and I spend more time in Chiapas.. I just have to remember to ask a lawyer about it.

Just now, bmh said:

I have to ask one day what is legal.. We have Jalisco plated cars with Chiapas drivers licenses. My husband INE shows a Jalisco address and mine shows a Chiapas address. We have been  stopped a few times and never questioned about it. We also have been in accidents and not questoned about it either.  My husband spends most of his time in Jalisco and I spend more time in Chiapas.. I just have to remember to ask a lawyer about it.

Better than ask you Lawyer ask you insurance company...but then you have been in accidents and I assume you have be paid so you seem to have all the answers because you have had all the problems!!! way to go bmh

Addresses are a bit fluid in Mexico. People often don't seem to update them. As the postal service is so bad here it doesn't seem to matter.

The insurrance has always paid so I do not think that they have a problem , the transitos I guess could be  but so far they have not been.

One time the transito at the entrance of Tuxtla wasdetermined to get my husband on something so when my husband gave him an id from Jalisco and a license from Chiapas I waited for it.. but he did not say anything.. so I guess that is not that important.. It may be a problem if you have actually moved and do not live in the state where you have documents, I do not know..

There is no issues with driver's licenses. The issue the OP brings up about what kind of vehicle registration is the issue. If you are driving a Jalisco plated car in Jalisco you are OK. If it some kind of other states plates, you are probably NOT ok.