Chapala.com Webboard

Cohetes

luvsdawgs

I am curious, does anyone know who pays for the rockets used for Guadalupe? Someone told me the unions do, but I thought that was only for the San Andres festival. Just wondering about it as I also heard the unions are buying louder ones this year as they are having some sort of dispute with the church? Thanks for the info, as I said, just curious.

It is a religious holiday and the faithful pay for them. When you lve in an area that has a lot of evangelists you can hear the bitching about all the money wasted on the Saints, on the cohetes, the flowers etc..etc..The Catholics pay for them.. It is also a subjct of conflict because the Evangelists in indigenous villages refuse to pay .

• Thanks 1

While the religious festivals have degenerated into drunken brawls. The presenter committees have gotten into a macho fest of whose is bigger and more .... Religion and faith has little to do with it among these people.

It is all about making money and paybacks from outsider vendors.

• Haha 1