Chapala.com Webboard

New Restaurant

ComputerGuy

• 1 month later...

Went there today.

I try to resist recommending restaurants, but I will in this case. 

It's run by a very nice young owner named Horacio. He was so gracious and friendly, and the place was super clean, bright and airy without being chilly at all on a January morning.

The items on the menu were not expensive; very much in line price-wise with Cafe Negro and Cafe Huerto. We were very happy with the quality, portions, and service.

Open 8 AM - 3 PM, closed Mondays. They're working on a dinner menu, but we were able to have lunch items during breakfast hours without any problems. They are very eager to please, and really seemed to have their act together.

It's well worth a try. 👍

• Like 2

Went there again today.  Same great food and service.  The first time we went we almost left because we wanted more than just a "sandwich".  Well, every type of "sandwich" we have had there has been the most tasty meal.  Today I had a chicken, fresh spinach, feta cheese, avocado on nut bread that was to die for.  The chicken was fresh and perfectly cooked.  I would never have thought to combine feta cheese and chicken myself but it was delicious to say the least ... the different choices comes with salad or fries included.  The Gyros and wraps are also a tasty meal and they have now added two different hamburger choices and hot dogs if your interest in those.  

• Like 2

Five of us went there this morning, and I had the Italian omelette as well.

Everything was excellent all around.

People may wonder why we're going on about this place when there are so many other restaurants out there.

Well, for me, it's not just because the food is very good... but also because the owners really want you to have a great experience. So many places here are indifferent to their customers, and get complacent. Not so with Sentidos. They are really busting their butts, and it shows.

• Like 7

I went there for lunch today and had the chicken Gyro.  It was so very good.  Also had a long conversation with Horario about the concept of the restaurant, how they got started and why.  They really want to give the diner a good experience with the food and the service.  It's about being of service, not making tons of money and resting on their laurels.  Their business sense is good and the future looks bright.  I will return again and again to try more entrees.

• Like 1

I went today for lunch, had the $125 gyro (choices were with hamburg, chicken, or shrimp). Had the hamburg. Presented beautifully with a heap of perfectly-cooked and seasoned wedge fries (could have also had salad). Really nice Greek wrap.

Tasted nothing like a gyro, although a bowl of tzatziki came with it. But it was yummy. A goodly sized glass of limonada; I don't recall the price for the drinks. I think the price is too high for their offerings, but I certainly cannot complain about the quality, or about the friendly and prompt service (served by Horacio).

Good, comfortable seats (and some barstool types), same ones in use when HoleInOne and Avocado Club were there. As I recall, (plastic) bamboo with armrests.

I took part of my "gyro" home, as it turned out I was oddly not hungry that day, and reheated... my suspicions were correct. I make exactly the same meal using hamburger with a pack of McCormicks taco powder, just not put into a wrap.

29 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Good, comfortable seats (and some barstool types), same ones in use when HoleInOne and Avocado Club were there. As I recall, (plastic) bamboo with armrests.

I took part of my "gyro" home, as it turned out I was oddly not hungry that day, and reheated... my suspicions were correct. I make exactly the same meal using hamburger with a pack of McCormicks taco powder, just not put into a wrap.

Thanks.  (Your home-cooked version was cheaper, too...si?)  We'll try this place today and report back.

Yes, although the price of good ground these days is just silly. I was buying packets of Taco and Fajita seasoning at SL, but I eventually started ordering in bulk from Amazon: much cheaper. You fry up the hamburger and add this powder and a touch of water, then cover with sauteed green and red peppers with onions. I do the same with chicken, and I guess it would work just fine with shrimp, pork, anything.

GG - Food was very good, service excellent but  a couple of things - there might be  an elevator somewhere (?) - otherwise, it is a steep hike to the top.. I had  a cane, a helpful spouse and a stubborn interest in getting there but it was a challenge. Also, it was cold - wear a sweater. Chairs are fine for me and the kids/owners are so damn sweet and the food is good. 

Edited by kam
spelling/typing
  • Sad 1

Finally........the awful truth:  it's up a difficult flight of stairs; not downstairs as I'd assumed from the first post.  Can't do that.

We were planning to go yesterday, but something came up.   As far as I know from the old Hole in One postings, there is a freight elevator "somewhere", but not made to serve customers.

Maybe someday the owners will move to a downstairs location, and I'll be  happy to go there after all the good reviews.  You able-bodied folks...enjoy!

Just now, gringal said:

Finally........the awful truth:  it's up a difficult flight of stairs; not downstairs as I'd assumed from the first post.  Can't do that.

We were planning to go yesterday, but something came up.  Just as well.  As far as I know from the old Hole in One postings, there is a freight elevator "somewhere", but not made to serve customers.

Maybe someday the owners will move to a downstairs location, and I'll be  happy to go there after all the good reviews.  You able-bodied folks...enjoy!

Maybe other customers can check or ask about the elevator for those in need of it.  It usually worked when Ismat was there, but not always.  It was a regular elevator, not just for freight.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Maybe other customers can check or ask about the elevator for those in need of it.  It usually worked when Ismat was there, but not always.  It was a regular elevator, not just for freight.  

Maybe I was misinformed about it being for freight.  Someone who goes there for lunch could ask the current owners about the situation.

The owner said they can't afford to fix the elevator "right now". To get up there is an incredibly steep "wheelchair" ramp, that only an Olympic athlete could wheel up, so walking for a lot of folks is just not going to be possible. If I still had my sciatica problem, I wouldn't have even tried.

They did say they are going to add dinner hours before long. And yes, with the weather we are having now, unless the sun is beating down, those Febrero locos are going to be killer windy.

5 hours ago, gringal said:

We were planning to go yesterday, but something came up.   As far as I know from the old Hole in One postings, there is a freight elevator "somewhere", but not made to serve customers.

There are no stairs (used to be), now a series of switchback walkways leading to landings to the top. Not that steep but a little long so could present problems for some, but maybe worth the effort in my mind. The elevator door is sealed, hopefully can be repaired to help attract more folks to a nice culinary addition our dining attractions here.