Chapala.com Webboard

Shriners

Oatsie

9 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

What have you done for humanity?

We won't hold our breath waiting for that response.....but maybe he can give 100 (or 1000) pesos to the Shriners for the nasty troll post and each "SAD" reaction to it.    😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I believe there is a Shriner's hospital in Mexico City. Is that where this fundraiser is aimed? Regardless, where is this ribfest, please?

I'm a member of the Lake Chapala Shrine Club and a member of the Oshawa Shrine Club in Ontario.

There are 22 Shriners Hospitals....  20 the the USA and 1 in Canada (Montreal) and one in Mexico (Mexico City).  Here is the web page for our Mexico City Hospital:

Shriners Hospital for Children - Mexico City.

Every Shrine Club worldwide raises funds to send eligible children to our hospitals for treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.

LAKE CHAPALA SHRINE CLUB

WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MONEY?

The Lake Chapala Shrine Club is relatively small but very active. The Club’s biggest activity is helping Lakeside children with medical problems, either at the Shriners Hospital in Mexico City or locally at Lakeside or in Guadalajara.

STATISTICS FOR OUR SHRINE CLUB IN 2018

Trips to Shriners Hospital in Mexico City 71

Local Treatments Lakeside and Guadalajara 80

Total....... 151

Shrine Club Funds spent.....................$402,040*

*Includes $39,328 contributed by Niños Incapacitados

STATISTICS FROM 2006-2018:

Trips to the Shriners Hospital in Mexico City 1125

Local treatments Lakeside and Guadalajara 851

Total.....1,976

Shrine Club Funds spent................. $3,932,962

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Oatsie said:

I'm a member of the Lake Chapala Shrine Club and a member of the Oshawa Shrine Club in Ontario.

There are 22 Shriners Hospitals....  20 the the USA and 1 in Canada (Montreal) and one in Mexico (Mexico City).  Here is the web page for our Mexico City Hospital:

Shriners Hospital for Children - Mexico City.

Every Shrine Club worldwide raises funds to send eligible children to our hospitals for treatment, regardless of their ability to pay.

I believe we are all very aware of what the Shriners do. What I was asking, and let me be more clear, does money raised at this ribfest (and of course where is the ribfest, which you have now answered) go to the hospital in Mexico City. In other words, keeping it in the country.

40 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I believe we are all very aware of what the Shriners do. What I was asking, and let me be more clear, does money raised at this ribfest (and of course where is the ribfest, why you have now answered) go to the hospital in Mexico City. In other words, keeping it in the country.

Some Mexican children and their parents are sent to Shriner hospitals in the US and Montreal when that is found to be necessary for their treatment. money spent on the children's needs is more important than keeping it in the country-no?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

I believe we are all very aware of what the Shriners do. What I was asking, and let me be more clear, does money raised at this ribfest (and of course where is the ribfest, why you have now answered) go to the hospital in Mexico City. In other words, keeping it in the country.

In the interest of being completely honest, and full disclosure...  happyjillin is correct.  The children are sent to the Shriners Hospital that can best look after the child.  At the moment, the family that own Focaccia Restaurant east of Vista del Lago is in Montreal Shriners hospital getting a replacement cochlear implant to replace the one the hospital put in a few years ago. 

As Shriners, we are always aware of the costs involved, but the child's treatment is our primary concern.

Our Mexico City hospital is currently looking at installing a Telemedicine unit at the new San Antonio Hospital.  When completed, it will mean that we can provide our services to evenmore local children at a reduced cost.

Important......  ALL of the funds raised at ALL of our fundraisers goes to the treatment of children.  There are NO administration costs.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Some Mexican children and their parents are sent to Shriner hospitals in the US and Montreal when that is found to be necessary for their treatment. money spent on the children's needs is more important than keeping it in the country-no?

Yes, under those circumstances.