Chapala.com Webboard

We FOUND the right adult cat for us

We appreciate the helpful and heartfelt responses to our post about finding an adult cat, and we are grateful to Anita at Anita's Cat Sanctuary, and Sue at Friends of Animals/Riberas Pet Store for offering numerous beautiful cats shelter, food, care and safety. 

Just before Thanksgiving, we found Mango patiently waiting to be noticed in the cat shelter at Friends of Animals/Riberas Pet Store. She now roams our home, noticing every nook and cranny, alerting to all the new sounds, finding new hiding places, and quietly watching her strange new humans as we go about our daily activities.  She is a calico-colored American Shorthair (guessing her breed). 

Cat lovers, please remember to support and promote the two fabulous organizations we visited who offer safe haven to soooooo many beautiful cats.

Mango will be well-loved.

Edited by Ahorita
Found a cat
  • Like 7

APPLAUSE to you!  And good luck in finding your new fur baby(ies) while recognizing it would be irresponsible at "your ages" to start over with a kitten ..... who will most likely outlive you.  I have also chosen, for age reasons, not to take in any more kittens  but my five would not appreciate an adult entering their totally indoors domain.

Case in point.  A widowed friend I met here but who now lives in Seattle lost her 2 elder cats within 12 hours earlier this year. She was devastated, but felt at 80 she'd better not take chances. I suggested SHE get an older cat. So after her doctor told her she should expect 5 - 10 more years, she promptly went to a local shelter and now she and ""Harriet Cooper" (age 10) live a happy and contented life together.

Paws and claws crossed for a super fit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We now have a cat! After going to Anita's Cat Sanctuary and petting a NUMBER of wonderful candidates, we decided to also visit Friends of Animals / Riberas Pet Store while we were still making that important decision to adopt, and look into their cat shelter as well. There we found Mango, an American Shorthair (we think) with calico markings. She is getting settled in our home now, and is a very quiet, sweet 2-year-old adult who was rescued after being hit by a car.

We are grateful to Anita and Sue for caring for so many worthy cats. 

1 hour ago, Yo1 said:

I only adopt senior pets.  My cat is 8 and my 4 dogs range in age from 9-15 years old.  Older pets deserve a loving home in which to live until they die peacefully.

I agree, Yo! I can not express how wonderful it is to provide a loving home in which an old dog can live out its life. 

47 minutes ago, Taaffe said:

A neighbor died last week and has left a very nice old female dog who needs a home. She had adopted this elderly dog from the Ranch.

if someone is willing please pm me.

More about the old dog, por favor.  Maybe a photo and how old is old?

• Thanks 2

She is the dog I thought. Ginger had come to me with the info she needed another dog, it had to be female and older. I checked out what we had at the ranch and found the perfect girl for Ginger. She loved that dog and was very happy with her. The only complaint she had in the beginning was the dog did not bark, LOL. She is a nice dog and if I could I would take her in here. I am hoping that the old girl does not have to go up to the cold ranch at this stage of her life. Please, someone, are you able to adopt her and give her some good years in your home?

• Thanks 1