Chapala.com Webboard

Vancouver Wings(?)

heidinrick

I won't go to Wings Army, partly because their wings are pitifully small. So the Van Wings must be like grasshopper legs. And I think you'll be able to find smokers at both locations.

Wings Army focuses on people younger than us, and they are okay with the music and the high prices.

I have found both here & in the US & Canada the larger the wings the likelier they can be overcooked or undercooked.  Maybe depends on the chef. We have had really good wings at Wings Army & really bad ones, really my main objection about the place is the extremely loud music  And also the fact that they quite often do not have any draft beer. Not an issue for everyone but it is for us !  We wing lovers are quite picky about what would hardly be considered a gourmet meal.

As  for a table of smokers, Vancouver wings has a bigger outdoor seating area. 

I agree about the younger crowd & the loud music, 50  years ago I was the same.  My husband is hard of hearing, it does not bother him.  I leave both places if forced to sit inside, with a hoarse voice & ringing ears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Their food must look better in poor lighting. ;)

I think it looks better to people who haven´t observed a lot of cumpleaños.  They go there because it´s a social life, drink beer, a place to hang out, that´s considered "in".  Food is secondary and not that important.  Do you think that they really care if the "wings" aren´t top shelf?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

I think it looks better to people who haven´t observed a lot of cumpleaños.  They go there because it´s a social life, drink beer, a place to hang out, that´s considered "in".  Food is secondary and not that important.  Do you think that they really care if the "wings" aren´t top shelf?

It appears that some of the elderly around here are having trouble understanding that demographic even though they did similar but not exactly the same things at that age.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...