Chapala.com Webboard

Recommend a dentist

Suse

If you are truly narrowing your search to only the "City of Chapala", you will have left out all the better (by Gringo standards) dentists at Lakeside. I doubt very seriously any dentist in Chapala proper is using digital technology!

If on the other hand you were actually talking about 'Chapala Lakeside" dentistry, the only practice that I know of.... but I don't necessarily know about every practice.... that is using digital technology is Dental Express in west Ajijic. Dr. Edgard Macias has brought in and is using the Cerec system to precisely 'engineer' what is being done... crown, bridge, etc..... then the 'end product' is built overnight ready for placement with precise margins the next day.

About 2 years ago I had Dr. Edgard "build" a 3-tooth bridge for me when I the tooth in question could not be replaced with an Implant. 2 days later I had the 3-tooth bridge... with amazing margins and perfect occlusion. 

While I am not passing judgement on any other the other staff at Dental Express, I would insist that Dr. Edgard do the work for me if/when I need something similar again.

Cerec:    

• Like 1

We will be staying in Chapala so had hoped to see a dentist in that city, however if you believe higher quality dentistry would be available elsewhere I'm listening!  I had  read some posts suggesting  Dental Express was  not the highest quality. So thank you for your feedback!

• 3 months later...

I had an appointment for a cleaning, when I got there I was given an exam by a brand new inexperienced dentist. What a waste of my time, I have extremely complex problems w pain, she made no comment about her observations of my exam. lol. Though the owner may indeed do very good work. Too bad the scheduling was so screwed up, I am afraid to go back, since they did not do what I made the appointment  for.

• Like 1

Dr. Haro's office in Riberas does very good work and they are fairly close to Chapala. They have been around for years with many satisfied customers.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cedros said:

Dr. Haro's office in Riberas does very good work and they are fairly close to Chapala. They have been around for years with many satisfied customers.

I highly recommend Dr. Haro and his staff.

• Like 3

Between Dr. Eloy Barragan's office in Mirasol and Dr. Edgar at Dental Express in west Ajijic my wife and I have taken care of some unknown-to-us problems this trip. I ALWAYS start with Dr. Barragan's office and have never been disappointed.  And if I need a bridge or crown(s) I go right to Dr. Edgar as he uses the latest dental 'tool kit'.... CAD/CAM. Crowns and bridges done in a day rather than the normal 2-3 weeks when a Guadalajara lab designs/makes the crowns. And the occlusion and margins are always perfect as the computer is much more precise than a mold. 

This trip 'we' had 2 root canals, 1 root disection, 3 fillings under old crowns and 6 crowns!  I am not going to even think about how much that would have cost us in Colorado!

2 minutes ago, Carolina said:

I agree with all the 'yeses' for Dr. Hector Haro in Riberas.  .....Dental Express, on the other hand, NEVER again.

You aren't the first one to say that. Over the years doctors Barriagn and Haro have been the standard bearers for quality.

• Like 3