Chapala.com Webboard

Groan! I'm surprised photos of this haven't been posted yet.

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

That thing is so ugly it wouldn't surprise me if the residents died from sheer sensory degradation.

They remind of the "public housing" built under the Erich Honecker administration in the former East Germany.  Talk about depressing.............

• Haha 1

Her follow-on blog messages on this remind me of the time in the brunch buffet line at the Real Chapala Hotel; and showing off my new Spanish skills by asking the young lady serving:   "Tiene huevos"?

She kept a straight face, unlike my fluent Spanish speaking buddy next to me in line, who just about collapsed laughing / smirking.     

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Good grief, talk about misinterpretations!  "Últimos departamentos" means they've sold so many already that there are only a few left.  That's how one SAYS IT. 

This kind of sneaky, snarky making fun of Mexicans irritates me till I can't be irritated more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, More Liana said:

Good grief, talk about misinterpretations!  "Últimos departamentos" means they've sold so many already that there are only a few left.  That's how one SAYS IT. 

This kind of sneaky, snarky making fun of Mexicans irritates me till I can't be irritated more.  

¡ DE ACUERDO !

That construction is top of line and really well built, if not overbuilt.

9 hours ago, Ajijic_hiker said:

I disagree....I don't care how you translate it....I'm going to stop in at their 'sales' office and ask them. 

Are they really all almost sold?  like, who in the world would want to live there? 

They're probably not almost all sold.  It's a marketing technique to make you hurry up and put down a deposit.  And Barcelonaman is right, it happens just like this all over the world. 

Would it make you run right over to plop down your hard-earned $$$?  It wouldn't make ME run to do it.  

18 hours ago, Ajijic_hiker said:

I disagree....I don't care how you translate it....I'm going to stop in at their 'sales' office and ask them. 

Are they really all almost sold?  like, who in the world would want to live there? 

...And what makes you think you would get a straight answer to that question?

• Haha 1

Just now, pappysmarket said:

...And what makes you think you would get a straight answer to that question?

I've been helping a retired buddy from San Diego find a house or apartment here for the last year. We got one for him lately for a great price on ground level with a patio off the livingroom. The newly finished apartment was pre-venta since Febuary but is finished now. The pre-venta price was $898.000 pesos but he will pay $989.000. When I went there the first time with my other buddy from here he bought one right away. 86.5 sq. meters upscale finish on the 4th floor for $797.000 pesos in a privada with 3 finished buildings 48  -  3 bedroom apartments with the start of 3 more buildings now. Every single place we went to pre-venta told us which apartments or townhouses were still available and which ones were sold. Why would you question them when they all want them to be sold and all have different views and different levels therefore stairs to be climbed? More stairs cheaper price. I don't understand your logic.

My logic is looking at condos in PV for many years. The salesmen in most of the pre-venta offices would always claim there were just a few left. They would point to a couple and explain that even those would be gone quickly. I happened to know several well respected real estate people in town and the frequent, if not always, answer was that 80% were still available if you were a serious buyer. To everyone else, aka lookey loos, they were almost all sold. We must have had different Mexican experiences, "Solo Hoy" was what I came to expect when I was just kicking tires. Ajijic hiker's post did not sound like a serious buyer so I questioned whether she would get a straight answer. Nothing more complicated than that.

Sewer will go to the already overburdened SAT and be running down the street to the lake.  I think every large complex of housing should build their own small sewage plant and use the cleaned water for the gardens.  I believe Rivera Alta has a system from Canada that does just this.