Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox Install Update-For all the prepaids not being serviced

On 10/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, tugwestend said:

I really enjoy reading about a quick install, not only once, but now a second time, for a non pre paid?   Using money I contributed the project no less, while I've got no service.  I started this thread for prepaids not being serve, not those that jumped on the bandwagon, got quick installs.  

To be clear I was a prepaid soul. Original install in Los Salvias. Moved to SE corner of San Antonio near La Paz almost to Mirasol.  Many people have been installed who are not prepaid. My neighbor who walked in to Ilox was installed before I was installed. It happens all the time and not a big deal. It all depends on many things including the quarter of the moon 🙂

• Like 1

I just returned from Ilox. I am trying to pick up my refund check which might come "in a week or so." A friend of mine had to make four visits before his check showed up.

In any event, Ilox has an envelope full of return checks that haven't been picked up yet. I counted at least 14 as the clerk went painstakingly through the pile.

What is even more galling is that every time you go in there you have to wait in line as new signups are made and promised fast installation.

I am sorry I wasted almost 18 months hoping I would someday hear from these people.

I was blessed enuf to get Ilox' first refund check. I never asked for it. They just decided that they had enuf customers and enuf of me, even tho I was only provided with their service, mostly diservice for about 5 days. It only took about 3 or 4 phone calls and about the same amount of personal visits over about 10 days time  to get my check.

My wait  between the time I drove to Guad to turn in my paperwork and the time of installation was also about 18 months, and while it was a bit long, as their promises got longer and longer in the tooth, I am glad that i was such an integral part of helping our community get to the 300 number and that Ilox is here, doing their best, which is about as horrible as ever could have been dreaded.

Someday!

• Sad 3

We live between Chantepec and San Juan Cosala and went in to the Ilox office in Ajijic last week. They told me they won't have service here for months and could not give me any more info than that:/ 

• Sad 1

I live in Riberas a few blocks below Mirasol and was a prepay. Ilox called me last Friday and said they could install Saturday between 11 and 1. They called Saturday a little before 1 and said the installer had vehicle problems and so rescheduled for Monday.

The technician came on Monday and did the install. After installation the modem would not connect to the system and after a number of calls the technician said they would need to investigate further and someone would call me the next day. I emailed noc@mail.ilox.mx later the next day (Tue) after no call and they replied back within 10 min. and said they were still verifying the problem. On Wed. morning they did call and asked me to email them a photo of the sticker on the bottom of the modem which I did. Thursday morning they called again and said to try connecting. I was online!

Since then I have been getting a fairly consistent 90mbs down and 20mbs up both wired and wireless. That wireless speed is in the same room as the modem. Moving to another room which has to go through 2 walls drops to about 30mbs. I put a fairly old Apple airPort access point in that other room and connected wired to the Ilox modem, and connecting to it I still get 90mbs down and 20 up. I tried a very old Lynksys access point that I have and it will only do 20mbs down and up is the same. So I think it is so old that is its max capacity.

All in all I am very happy with the service now that I'm connected. Yes, it took a long time and things haven't always been clear, but dealing with ILox tech support has been great! Can you email Telmex? Nope! Will Telmex ever call you back? Never did me! All you can do is call the 800 number, go through the same steps to prove that your modem is plugged in and not getting a Telmex signal and/or dead, and then wait usually for 3 days. I don't know what the issue was, but they did follow through and were responsive.

I was able to upload many gigs of data to my cloud storage in a short amount of time. I had been putting this off for a very long time because at .5mbs it would take forever and with big uploads like that it would pretty much lock everything else out and any other browsing or anything would pretty much be at a standstill.

Time will tell of course and so I'm not canceling my Telmex quite yet, but if you are waiting to be connected I suggest that you try to stay patient. I was getting a bit impatient too, but glad I didn't cancel my contract!

• Thanks 1

I live in Riberas a few blocks below Mirasol and was a prepay. Ilox called me last Friday and said they could install Saturday between 11 and 1. They called Saturday a little before 1 and said the installer had vehicle problems and so rescheduled for Monday.

The technician came on Monday and did the install. After installation the modem would not connect to the system and after a number of calls the technician said they would need to investigate further and someone would call me the next day. I emailed noc@mail.ilox.mx later the next day (Tue) after no call and they replied back within 10 min. and said they were still verifying the problem. On Wed. morning they did call and asked me to email them a photo of the sticker on the bottom of the modem which I did. Thursday morning they called again and said to try connecting. I was online!

Since then I have been getting a fairly consistent 90mbs down and 20mbs up both wired and wireless. That wireless speed is in the same room as the modem. Moving to another room which has to go through 2 walls drops to about 30mbs. I put a fairly old Apple airPort access point in that other room and connected wired to the Ilox modem, and connecting to it I still get 90mbs down and 20 up. I tried a very old Lynksys access point that I have and it will only do 20mbs down and up is the same. So I think it is so old that is its max capacity.

All in all I am very happy with the service now that I'm connected. Yes, it took a long time and things haven't always been clear, but dealing with ILox tech support has been great! Can you email Telmex? Nope! Will Telmex ever call you back? Never did me! All you can do is call the 800 number, go through the same steps to prove that your modem is plugged in and not getting a Telmex signal and/or dead, and then wait usually for 3 days. I don't know what the issue was, but they did follow through and were responsive.

I was able to upload many gigs of data to my cloud storage in a short amount of time. I had been putting this off for a very long time because at .5mbs it would take forever and with big uploads like that it would pretty much lock everything else out and any other browsing or anything would pretty much be at a standstill.

Time will tell of course and so I'm not canceling my Telmex quite yet, but if you are waiting to be connected I suggest that you try to stay patient. I was getting a bit impatient too, but glad I didn't cancel my contract!

• 3 months later...

I am an ILOX prepay since March 2018. Live just West of San Juan Cosala. Made my fourth visit to the ILOX office yesterday with a translator. The girl working the desk actually spoke English. I expressed my concern that we still do not have service and she phoned the "manager" who is currently in Michoacán for a month working on services there. She was told he does not have any dates for us yet and to go ahead and ask for a refund that would take 3 weeks to get. We do not have service because they do not have the installers here to install the final part of the infrastructure. They are all in Michoacán.

I then told her that I am planning to report ILOX to the licensing commission (Federal Telecommunications and Broadcasting Commission) for entering a contract of prepayment, then not following through. She immediately called the manager back. He instructed her to make copies of my contract and proof of payment so that he could follow up. At this I came a little undone. I refused this action citing the obvious.......all of this information is already in their system.

In the meantime a customer came in and said the ILOX VO telephone just does not work. Contemplating my options............

• Like 1

When this whole thing started those of us who were skeptical and said no to plunking down money were sharply criticized by some for refusing to help. We were also mocked. Even as I sit here with my snail’s pace TelMex connection I am glad  I didn’t.  It is not even so much the money being put out for nothing. It is the aggravation of attempting to get what you paid for when some of those who didn’t pay in advance got it. I would be so pizzed off.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ddmacleod said:

Contemplating my options............

ddm, appreciation for your persistence in dealing with ilox, and sympathy for your frustration.  I myself have delayed building about a mile west of the RC because of uncertain internet service.  I will be down there in about a week and will try to thoroughly survey the situation.

May I ask, what internet provider do you rely on currently, and what speeds do you reliably get?  And how far west of the RC are you? 

In the unlikely event that I learn anything consequential over the next few weeks, I'll try to let you know...

Thanks  

Xena, yeah I'm pizzed BUT there are a lot of happy people out there who are pleased with the speed of their iLox internet connection. They wouldn't even have had the option if it wasn't for the prepaids. So, I consider it to have been worthwhile in that respect.

I just want an option for when Telmex is down since Telcel reception in my house is not very good which makes using it as a hotspot nearly impossible unless I want to set my laptop up on the hood of my car. Needs must.

• Like 1

I was not prepaid. I went to office and ordered internet and tv, it was installed next day, after using it I prepaid for six month, everything was fine for three months, then everyday between 4&5 no internet  starting last Sunday half my tv station were blurred and not viewable,  I went to office to complain  no results anyone else having this problem, I am now at my casa in Mexico City, my house sitter says it has not been fixed  I had internet service with my Telcel modem, if it doesn’t get fixed I will cancel and go back to using Telcel and get one of the new tv service’s lakeside