Chapala.com Webboard

Your experiences about last last two years with lake medical group now at new hospital please

traderspoc

If we are talking about the new San Antonio Hospital then this is my experience. There is a person designated to discuss this with. She told me they only cover if you have international insurance. Now most of us with medicare  A B D do not qualify . I also have Blue care advantage. I asked why the sign said covers medicare and all these insurance policies. She mentioned that they accept that insurance that vets have.  Anyway I asked if he could tell me if she knoew of any companies that cover expats. Well maybe AARP ,Etna. So I contacted them. Well most of us are middle aged. Premiums were extremely expensive. I was also told deny and preexisting condition even though they do not do actual physicals.

So maybe some one who has experienced this " we accept most insurances" could enlighten the rest of us. Was also advised against advantage plans and get gap. Really would help the rest of us out.

I went yesterday and talked to the insurance lady at the hospital.  You can ask at the information desk to speak with her.  She gave me a very short form to fill out and bring back to her along with my Aetna Advantage Plus card and picture ID.  She will then check and see what benefits and services are allowed here.

I signed up with Aetna Advantage Plus using my Laredo Handy Mail address.  This plan is good to use anywhere in the USA that accepts Aetna and is a PPO plan. 

28 minutes ago, Syver117 said:

I went yesterday and talked to the insurance lady at the hospital.  You can ask at the information desk to speak with her.  She gave me a very short form to fill out and bring back to her along with my Aetna Advantage Plus card and picture ID.  She will then check and see what benefits and services are allowed here.

I signed up with Aetna Advantage Plus using my Laredo Handy Mail address.  This plan is good to use anywhere in the USA that accepts Aetna and is a PPO plan. 

From Aetna's website regarding their Advantage Plus (PPO) plan:

Preferred provider organization (PPO) plans let you choose any provider who accepts Medicare. 

Since Medicare cannot be accepted outside the US in 99.9% of cases, how could the SAT hospital accept Aetna's (or any company's) Medicare supplemental (other than in emergencies outside the US in the first 60 days of international travel)?   

You need to ask AETNA regarding their outside the US coverage, not the local hospital.   It is Aetna that will have the final say on what they pay on your behalf, not the local hospital.  

• Like 1

we have blue cross/shield. lakeside takes care of all the paperwork including getting the medicare denial and submitting to bc/bs. the people are great. the service is slow still waiting for dr. ordered tests from june from a nephrologist (sp)and sept 6 from our great gp.