Chapala.com Webboard

How to Reach Francisco Miramontes

Charlene

I have the number 333-157-8060 for Francisco but don't know if I can reach him via text.

He is highly recommended as a private driver, which we need, but I tried texting him (calling from Canada is ridiculously expensive) and never received a reply.

I'd love to correspond via email with him and if that's not possible, to at the very least correspond by text. I don't know this gentleman from Adam and thought possibly he received my text but doesn't read English.

Does anybody know if he has an email he can be reached at?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, vista lake, I thought we converted to the 10 digit call system, here in Mexico, just like the US. Now when calling my next door neighbor, I have to dial 376-766 -xxxx when in Ajijic or 376-765-xxxx when calling a person in Chapala

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

bmh was saying you have to use the area code, that it is no different than using a cell phone now. But that is not the case when dialing within the same area code from a landline. In fact, you will get an error message when you try.

We have to dial the 376 number first when calling a local Ajijic number from our TelMex land line.  Otherwise, get an error message.

It is also my understanding that when calling anywhere within Mexico, even locally, you dial the full ten digits.  That is the same for either land line or cell phones.  Really like it that calling a cell phone from a land line now works the same as calling another land line.

That is what the initial information seemed to say. But my landline, and those of others I have used since that change went into effect, requires only the 7 digits unless, for example, I dial Racquet Club in the 387 area code. And as I said, if I dial 376  before calling my neighbour in the same area, I get a "no such number" message. What they really meant was you can now drop the 01 before the long-distance call. Perhaps others can weight in: TelMex is not exactly known for being consistent in their practices.

I was told that we have converted to the new ten digit system, but there is an overlap where you can still call only 7 numbers like we used to.  But that soon we will have to dial all ten #s.

I confirmed same by calling my next door neighbor using both the 7 and 10 digit number and unlike in the old days, both numbers work

I am presuming but am not absolutely sure that I am correct.