Chapala.com Webboard

NG to LP conversion

La Aurora

38 minutes ago, La Aurora said:

Bought a gas fireplace log set and it is set up for natural gas I need it converted to propane.Anybody know of someone that can do this

If is straight forward operation. If you have the nat gas orifices they will install them, if not they will go get some that match the size or will drill out yours to the nat gas spec. Appliance repair on Calle Colon 1 block up from the Caraterra will come out. Telephone 766-2256    Actually most any plumber could do it.

13 hours ago, La Aurora said:

To geeser.It is already set for natural gas.I need it changed to propane.The natural gas orifice has too big of a hole,so no drilling larger would not help I will call the number you provided and Thank You for the reply

Natural gas is fed at a smaller pressure than propane, so to get the same heating value (usually measured in BTUs), a natural gas orifice has to be smaller than a propane one. article here I would try to get a plumber or appliance guy to install a new one.