Chapala.com Webboard

Stuck in Customs

kosika

My experience with Aduana is that if the package does not clear within a hour or two, it never will. The only option at that point is to return it to the shipper.

The only things the shipper or the shipping company can do is try to find out what document is needed and provide it. However, this doesn't help in most cases.

Right now I am having a similar problem with an Amazon Mexico shipment. The product apparently has suddenly appeared on the banned list. The shipper is recalling it and giving me a refund.

A year or so ago, they would not allow a pair of eyeglasses in. I had to have them shipped to a friend in Texas.

I would contact the shipping company and ask their advice and/or contact the shipper and ask for the package to be returned and hopefully you can get your money back.

• Like 1

I ordered a product in December, finally arrived three months later.  Had tracking number that tracked to Mexico City from the Netherlands, then tracking number offered no more information for several months.  Tracking information once again reappeared early March after clearing customers and arrived at my home a week later.  Just takes patience and time.

Cricket is right. Have patience. I ordered some Canadian meds which eventually arrived in customs from India. Several months later I received a request from MC for a copy of the prescription which I duly mailed off. Several months after that I got a notice from Customs in Guad, that my parcel was there. When I got it, the packaging had been demolished and everything was loose, but it was all there.

Alfa and Cricket are correct. I ordered something in June of 2015 and I got it in October of 2015. I NEVER did that again. Obviously, if you order something, you want or need it.

After that, I always used a "service" such as Alex Peterson or Hugh at Zipp Transport (no longer available). You still waited a month but at least you got it because they knew how to get things through customs properly. Nowadays, it's even easier with some/most things available on Amazon.com that are eligible for shipping to Mexico. Amazon charges you for the duty when ordering. Even better if you can find what you want on Amazon.com.mx or Mercado Libre. Yes, their prices will be higher but the duty (16%) has already been paid.

I have ordered our supplements for many years from IHerb with no problems....all of a sudden I have 2 shipments supposedly sitting in aduana in CD Mexico for 3 mos now  When I inquire at our post office here in Chapala, they tell me to contact the shipper(!?!) And tell me they have no way to contact aduana (!!!). One of the guys told me probably new employees testing their "skills" checking to see if they are drugs and just to have patience. Arrrgh!!!!!

Now looking for another source for delivery...sigh.

11 minutes ago, Willie said:

I have ordered our supplements for many years from IHerb with no problems....all of a sudden I have 2 shipments supposedly sitting in aduana in CD Mexico for 3 mos now  When I inquire at our post office here in Chapala, they tell me to contact the shipper(!?!) And tell me they have no way to contact aduana (!!!). One of the guys told me probably new employees testing their "skills" checking to see if they are drugs and just to have patience. Arrrgh!!!!!

Now looking for another source for delivery...sigh.

Yet every time I try to warn others about this possibility with supplements they respond like I'm a crazy person.

Ask for someone traveling south who has a U.S. address you can have them shipped to on Lake Chapala Mule Society and have them mule them for you. https://www.facebook.com/groups/162232371120589/

• Like 1