Chapala.com Webboard

Non-Jalisco license plates

You get a printout of the annual tarifa circula from the internet and then pay it at a bank. You are not issued a yearly sticker, other than the original hologram card. Produce the stamped receipt if challenged. If you are late paying in CDMX you pay a fairly large penalty.

Spencer is a Puritan, Boy Scout, and new father. I mean that in the nicest way. I was pulled over two years ago, a low level transito had pulled someone over in Chapalas Haciendas 1 entrance. I guess he thought I was coming in a little fast and reckless, and waved me aside and checked my papers. He was fascinated with by my tarifa card. Didn't notice my B.C. driver's license had just expired, I was issued my Mexican driver's license the very next day. Then he waved me on.

I don't doubt there is a lot of fraud in the Mexican used auto business. It is a bit of a game. I am told the ones to be careful of if you have no pedimento (import documents) are the Aduana (customs) patrols. Which I have never seen, and they are more interested in real smugglers than some old geezer in a 25 year old truck.

2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Spencer is a Puritan, Boy Scout, and new father. I mean that in the nicest way. I was pulled over two years ago, a low level transito had pulled someone over in Chapalas Haciendas 1 entrance. I guess he thought I was coming in a little fast and reckless, and waved me aside and checked my papers. He was fascinated with by my tarifa card. Didn't notice my B.C. driver's license had just expired, I was issued my Mexican driver's license the very next day. Then he waved me on.

I don't doubt there is a lot of fraud in the Mexican used auto business. It is a bit of a game. I am told the ones to be careful of if you have no pedimento (import documents) are the Aduana (customs) patrols. Which I have never seen, and they are more interested in real smugglers than some old geezer in a 25 year old truck.

Spencer is a Mexican trained attorney with the education, experience and qualifications to answer most Mexican legal questions, especially simple ones like this. And you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even simpler - the law of nature, evolve or die. Lawyers are of many stripes. Some are like scholars, knowing every nuance in the law, others are master negotiators and fixers ( connected over many generations), guess which one I have chosen? Oh wait, I also know one who is an expert in automobile questions and immigration, but he only speaks Spanish with his legal hat on. Also a friend in Guadalajara with extensive knowlege about anything on wheels, and the big, big money to back it up, for two generations. He has commercial pilots license, and a race track license/number. My life works for me, apparently, for many on this board lately - not so much.

• Sad 3