Chapala.com Webboard

Home Health Aide

A group of registered nurses conducted a bi-lingual nurse assistant program about 3 years ago.

I am posting this because I frequently get emails asking about home care assistance.

A former student has come upon some real financial hardship, partly because her 

last employer won't pay her.  In addition to our program, she has two additional years

studying at UGD.  She has extensive experience with post op and dementia care and will

willingly help with other chores 

I do not usually do this but I can say she is capable, dependable and was our best student.

I am doing this because she does not have a computer, only a cell phone.

I can give you a resume and several references if you PM me. 

• Like 6

The program we ran was successful but we lost a lot of our nurse helpers. Some went back to states or started to do other things.

There is a program run by U of Guad         and I recently heard of one held on Sundays at LCS.   Let me warn you about UOG . You have to pay for  lot of your materials.  I did help one student by giving her some of my visual aids. IV's, dressings, 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, soundman said:

Slightly off topic.

I have a friend and she is interested in taking an in depth course as a nurse assistant for helping elderly people.

She would be very good at that but needs training.

Is this program still available?

Lost a lost of help but LCS is looking into one that I contacted to donate my teaching aides and books. Will keep you posted. I will find out that information for you .