Chapala.com Webboard

Canbuck

20 hours ago, cedros said:

Economists say Trump's tactics are pushing the world towards recession. This uncertainty has affected the peso.

Actually, the Economists I follow say that the World would do themselves a big favor for their economies if they were to follow the lead of the US on economic policy. US economic leadership and policies continue to impress and set new highs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

The US economy is being pumped up by increasing Government spending every year by the billions. Now they are talking about another tax cut. Some day dumping dollars into the world will end. I hope I don't see it. Cutting Social spending, raising taxes, balanced budget may be ugly.

China is devaluing their currency which brings down developing countries currencies in a race to the bottom.  

14 hours ago, happyjillin said:

It's maintaining course.I can hardly wait until Monday to dump some Canbucks into my Mexican bank account. Anyhow the bafflegarb is overflowing on this and quite frankly none of us really knows why this has happened in the last four days or so. Flushing the toilet might help.

Very true but so many are quick to inject political reasons into it. 

12 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

Actually, the Economists I follow say that the World would do themselves a big favor for their economies if they were to follow the lead of the US on economic policy. US economic leadership and policies continue to impress and set new highs.

Please note how very well the three states you hail from are doing compared to the rest of the U.S. states. Clearly, the officials you helped elect aren't doing well based on incorrect economic beliefs. The same beliefs are leading the U.S. towards yet another full blown recession.  https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/us-states-by-poverty-rate.html

• Haha 1

A chart for those who like to play the political blame game:

One might wonder if the relative weakness of the dollar beginning after the 2016 election was a comment on the policies of the previous administration and the exchange rate strength since then also a comment by world markets.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/09/factors-drive-american-dollar.asp

As for what economists say, if I had a buck for every time they are wrong, I'd be as rich as Carlos Slim.  :D

image.png

• Like 1

In 20 minutes it went to 14.9554. Well,looks like the politics have now been approved but I'm going to stick to the topic.Should never have posted this,giving those inclined a segue into the political realm subtle[unrelated charts to the OP] and not so subtle.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

I'm not the one running around yelling "The sky is falling!" I'm very pleased with the current economic conditions. Remind me of Chicken Little.

REMEMBER the topic ... and the original question.

"Canbuck ... Hits 15 MP today. What's going on? "

I simply report what experts at the Wall Street Journal ... and Bloomberg have been reporting ...  that describe why the "Canbuck ... hit $15 MXN."

Pappy,
Why  make up hysterical emotional claims    "The sky is falling"...   when faced with 6 recent months of WSJ & Bloomber financial reports ?  .... Why imagine   "the sky is falling"  stuff that does not exist ?

Why make nasty     false   personal attacks   about me supposedly selling short?

When several quarters of GDPs fall  ... It's just financial news ... 

When Manufacturing Outputs fall for 6 months ... It's just financial news ...`

When short term T-bill rates fall for 6 months ... reversing the Yield curve ... It's just financial news ...`

Fortunately ... the sky  in my world .... is not falling. ;)

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, snowyco said:

REMEMBER the topic ... and the original question.

"Canbuck ... Hits 15 MP today. What's going on? "

I simply report what experts at the Wall Street Journal ... and Bloomberg have been reporting ...  that describe why the "Canbuck ... hit $15 MXN."

Pappy,
Why  make up hysterical emotional claims    "The sky is falling"...   when faced with 6 recent months of WSJ & Bloomber financial reports ?  .... Why imagine   "the sky is falling"  stuff that does not exist ?

Why make nasty     false   personal attacks   about me supposedly selling short?

When several quarters of GDPs fall  ... It's just financial news ... 

When Manufacturing Outputs fall for 6 months ... It's just financial news ...`

When short term T-bill rates fall for 6 months ... reversing the Yield curve ... It's just financial news ...`

Fortunately ... the sky  in my world .... is not falling. ;)

Go play elsewhere please.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1