Chapala.com Webboard

Need ride from Southwest US to Guadalajara

pdqpc

Hi, my wife needs a ride from AZ to Guadalajara or lakeside (San Antonio Tlayacapan). She is fluent in Spanish and speaks English. Originally from Guadalajara. She has some luggage. Willing to help with expenses. Can also help with interpretation at the border or wherever else needed. Would need to be a couple only.  I would expect to exchange references. We have personal references in MX and the US. We live part time in San Antonio Tlay (30 miles south of Guadalajara) part time and part of the year in Arizona. We are both retired. The date of departure is very flexible. Approximately October 1st to early December 2019.        Thanks, Wayne & Patty PS  please pm to exchange contact info. Or email to pdq@f5.si 

Edited by pdqpc

save money, expenses and time

fly a discount airline

by the time you pay hotels, gas. tolls, food

there is no other option that can beat a discount airline.

people drive down, because they want to have access to thier  own car, or they are bringing down items they can bring on a plane.

Their is no way you will save money by sharing a ride.

unless you have some secret or reason , us lakesiders don't know about.

it safer also,  flying is  much safer than a long distance drive in a car,

is she afraid of flying, maybe that is  the reason.

• Like 1

A friend of mine and his wife recently took the bus from mid Texas to Guadalajara and said it was great. Nice bus with reclining seats, TVs in seat backs, cheap! and best of all, not very many people on bus. He said they had their pick of many seats and everyone spread out so they each had two seats to themselves to help get sleep on a long ride. Bus makes stops for food, bathroom on board. If you have too much stuff to fly reasonably, you really can't beat the bus. Drivings a hassle. That said, if the bus is crowded I hate it.