Chapala.com Webboard

Charlotte's restaurant...always consistently great!

gringohombre

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Oh, sorry if my record beats yours. Must feel terrible.

11,267 times? Then I guess I've helped 11,266 people without financial recompense. More or less.

Yes, I feel really terrible...only 902 posts over almost double the time (11.5 years) that you have been on this board (6+ years). Wear your crown proudly King Guy! This will be my last post regarding this subject since I am not in this to run up my numbers. However again, I am impressed in the volume of business Impressions that you have managed to achieve. Congratulations!

On 9/3/2019 at 8:52 PM, camillenparadise said:

Perfect remedy for flies at table: Peel a dozen tangerines (or oranges at this time of year) Save the fruit for a salad. Soak the peels in white vinegar for two weeks. Put the liquid in a spray bottle and spray the table surface. You will NOT be bothered by flies for hours. When you see even one, re-spray and you're good for the rest of the night. So easy, so cheap! 

An afterthought: wonder if it would work as a body spray ? If you have O + blood, like me, you will try ANYTHING! We are the caviar of the mosquito world!!!

There's nothing that turns me off of ever going back to a place (and I've walked out of some after ordering, but before they actually had time to start preparing the meal) like flies. As a customer, I don't feel it's my responsibility to bring some spray along when I go out to eat to keep the flies away- that's the owner's job to make sure it's clean enough that it doesn't attract flies. Flies don't land on a really clean table, sorry. Those tables are obviously getting wiped with unclean rags. 

We are at Charlottes yesterday (Sun) and got there a little after 12....their Facebook page says they open at 12.

Personnel were there, and seating set up out front and inside BUT we couldn't sit inside because the owner had not arrived with the keys!?!  Therefire, they could not open the front sliders but the help could go in and out from the back.

The owner arrived about 20min later, all smiles.  We did eat outside but had really wanted to avoid the road noise.

The food was great as was the young waitress.  We will go back.

We took a chance on Saturday, due to the recent reviews here. Calamari was overpriced but properly done; the best were the actual whole small squid. The calamari rings were, surprisingly, not overcooked, and the batter was very good and crispy on all. However, the rings were not marinated and had no taste.

Scallop pomodoro was good; scallops were small, but many, and cooked right. That seems to be hard to find around here. My ribs were very good: nicely done and tender with a fine sauce. Very small portion at 145. Veggies are boiled and tasteless. The very costly (180) arrechera was a tasty, bone-dry thin-and-tiny piece of shoe bottom. Again with the boiled veg.

One reason to order agua fresca is that it is an inexpensive and tasty substitute for soda pop. At 40p, we were glad they offered free refills. Chips and salsas to start the meal were welcome. Service was very good, even with several tables being occupied. Road noise is awful, but sitting inside would have been too hot. Several cars drove up to get pizza to go. I will go back and be selective.

That makes five times, gringohombre... you gettin' this?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, camillenparadise said:

Suit yourself, Mudgirl....I always do! And if myself wants to eat at a restaurant in Mexico, outside, in the summer, I go prepared. Or I stay home and eat on my terrace,where the table is always clean (and has a dog underneath!) 

OMG! How could you possibly think about having a dog under your table! All those germs, fleas, ticks...and the hair, hair, hair! I have 3 very happy and grateful rescue dogs and they sit and lie anywhere they want. They have their food and I have mine and we are all happy, happy, happy. They would not be happy in a restaurant and I would not think about taking them there but have no problem with others having a well trained "comfort" dog sit or lie next to them at a restaurant. Just my OPINION.