Chapala.com Webboard

Has the emmisons business in Chapala moved?

Have you been sleeping all this time? The entire emissions program was halted earlier this year to be revamped and should be up and running in other parts of Jalisco; there was even an article talking about Chapala municipality getting 5 stations but with everything else it is a hurry up and wait situation.  As of Jan 1, 2020 you could be ticketed and fined for not having a sticker but, fingers crossed, we get at least one operational station before then.

Search the GDL Reporter for the articles (probably since February). OR search this webboard  ' emission'

You can get stickers in GDL. Antonio Regalado is offering to help people get stickers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, WideSky said:

Have you been sleeping all this time? The entire emissions program was halted earlier this year to be revamped and should be up and running in other parts of Jalisco; there was even an article talking about Chapala municipality getting 5 stations but with everything else it is a hurry up and wait situation.  As of Jan 1, 2020 you could be ticketed and fined for not having a sticker but, fingers crossed, we get at least one operational station before then.

Search the GDL Reporter for the articles (probably since February). OR search this webboard  ' emission'

You can get stickers in GDL. Antonio Regalado is offering to help people get stickers.

There are no LEGAL stickers being issued in Jalisco so far this year because SEMOV has not put the new system in place.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

What is the situation TODAY on the emission testing? Seems to change hourly...

It seems to me that the rumor, gossip, speculation, and fantasizing about emission testing changes hourly. The official stance remains the same, but some people can not accept it and so spread the rumor, gossip, etc.  

• Like 4

Just now, Xena said:

It seems to me that the rumor, gossip, speculation, and fantasizing about emission testing changes hourly. The official stance remains the same, but some people can not accept it and so spread the rumor, gossip, etc.  

What is the "official stance"...currently? Please advise.

Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Xena said:

It is not currently being done lakeside and it will be announced when it is.

Not being done Lakeside, but I assume the Transitos are still hunting for stickers? Does this mean that a trip to Guadalajara is necessary for a test, my month is August...?

Transitos will continue to look for the gullible expats, hoping to make them tremble at the thought of getting involved with authority, and completely unable to chat politely in Spanish in order to ask for the ticket.  Smile, "please and thank you".....¡Nada mas!   😮

• Like 5

On 8/6/2019 at 9:21 PM, happyjillin said:

There are no LEGAL stickers being issued in Jalisco so far this year because SEMOV has not put the new system in place.

What's wrong with you people? How many times do you need to hear this in a multitude of threads on here and in Jalisco Espanol,English media and News releases from SEMOV?? If you don't have a 2018 sticker,you  are fair game for a ticket, maybe/maybe not, but NOT for 2019. IT IS NOT BEING DONE IN THE ENTIRE STATE OF JALISCO UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Have a big gulp of tequila,relax and think of some other non problem to drive yourself crazy with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Happyjillin, I found this from an emissions place in GDL showing the 2019 stickers; Likely the government ordered, received and distributed the stickers before halting the pre-existing program.  If people WANT to get their emissions sticker it appears to be possible, however at this point it is likely a waste of time and effort.

So perhaps take your own advice - "Have a big gulp of tequila,relax and think of some other non problem to drive yourself crazy with."

https://transmojal.com.mx/verificacion-2019-en-zapopan/

1 hour ago, WideSky said:

Happyjillin, I found this from an emissions place in GDL showing the 2019 stickers; Likely the government ordered, received and distributed the stickers before halting the pre-existing program.  If people WANT to get their emissions sticker it appears to be possible, however at this point it is likely a waste of time and effort.

So perhaps take your own advice - "Have a big gulp of tequila,relax and think of some other non problem to drive yourself crazy with."

https://transmojal.com.mx/verificacion-2019-en-zapopan/

Do everybody a favour and stop promoting something that has not been approved by SEMOV. Your link is to a mechanic who like all the mechanics in Jalisco has not been issued the new computer. I have unequivocally and absolutely no non problems to keep me busy but it appears that you have the time to seek out and disperse  erroneous information primarily directed at people that fall under P.T. Barnum's definition.

• Haha 2