Chapala.com Webboard

Immigration lawyer.... fast!

giniinitaly

Many consulates do not allow an appointment to made on the phone. If you have not yet, then check the consulates web site. There are many other MX consulates.

We stopped at the Tucson consulate on our way here. They were extremely helpful and even bent the rules a bit so we could get our visa.

A word of caution- We saw people who seemed to have more money than we did arguing with the consulate staff when asked for additional information. It did not go well for them and frankly, they were an embarrassment.  Be kind, give or get the staff what they ask for, keep your mouth shut unless they ask you a question, and DO NOT question their system.

And please, do not arrive with the attitude I can already detect in your post. We have far too many people here already who get their panties in a twist over nada.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

That is excellent advice!  Shake hands and smile.  Never, ever, contradict or question the authority of even a minor Mexican functionary. It will not go well for you.  North of the border thinking, expectations and logic may cause you nothing but lost time, lost opportunities and worse. So, accept, adapt, be very patient, always helpful and cooperative, and learn as much Spanish as you can, as quickly as you can.  Then, you will stand a chance of living happily in Mexico.   This does not include submitting to a greedy transito. You may simply insist on the traffic ticket, over and over again, until he gives up and wishes you a happy day.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

Doesn´t Vialidad just shoot you if you don´t pay mordida???   :D:D:D

One pulled his gun on me once in Guad when I said either give me a ticket or I'm outta here.

Well...I was between a rock and a hard place. He said "You're not going anywhere until I say so". My wife said "If I don't get to that Pemex in the next 5 minutes there's gonna be a problem". Me and "Chester" came to an arrangement and my wife got to the bathroom.  This is the guy who I pretended to not speak any Spanish and who then announced "No problem, I grew up in San Antonio, Texas. We can speak English".

On 7/28/2019 at 7:53 AM, giniinitaly said:

I need an immigration lawyer for the visa temporal fast!

My consulate here won't even let me make an appointment and they are very rude on the phone when I try to get information... can anyone recommend someone?

Are you in the US or Mexico?

On 7/29/2019 at 2:56 AM, Sonia said:

Many consulates do not allow an appointment to made on the phone. If you have not yet, then check the consulates web site. There are many other MX consulates.

No indeed as I've been told numerous times to make an appt online..... and there is no place to MAKE an appointment online. I live in Italy, the nearest Consulate is 3 hours away by car and the only other one is in Rome 6 hours by train. It's a long story about a house being on the market for a year and selling at the last moment with an already prebooked flight and the furniture can't go unless I get the V.T. Ya know, not everywhere is as easy as the States.

On 7/29/2019 at 7:59 PM, chapalence said:

We stopped at the Tucson consulate on our way here. They were extremely helpful and even bent the rules a bit so we could get our visa.

A word of caution- We saw people who seemed to have more money than we did arguing with the consulate staff when asked for additional information. It did not go well for them and frankly, they were an embarrassment.  Be kind, give or get the staff what they ask for, keep your mouth shut unless they ask you a question, and DO NOT question their system.

And please, do not arrive with the attitude I can already detect in your post. We have far too many people here already who get their panties in a twist over nada.

Don't assume.... unless you've walked a mile in my shoes. Chit happens.

41 minutes ago, giniinitaly said:

No indeed as I've been told numerous times to make an appt online..... and there is no place to MAKE an appointment online. I live in Italy, the nearest Consulate is 3 hours away by car and the only other one is in Rome 6 hours by train. It's a long story about a house being on the market for a year and selling at the last moment with an already prebooked flight and the furniture can't go unless I get the V.T. Ya know, not everywhere is as easy as the States.

You are discussing MEXICAN consulates which have nothing to do with the States. You need to ask Mexicans for advice about their government's consulates and not the expats in Mexico.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giniinitaly said:

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/milan/

https://mexitel.sre.gob.mx/citas.webportal/pages/public/login/login.jsf

There is a link [above] in the Milan Mexican Consulate, Italy official website labeled "Agenda tu cita Consular" which is how all or most Mexican Consulates arrange appointments. You didn't look hard enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/milan/

https://mexitel.sre.gob.mx/citas.webportal/pages/public/login/login.jsf

There is a link [above] in the Milan Mexican Consulate, Italy official website labeled "Agenda tu cita Consular" which is how all or most Mexican Consulates arrange appointments. You didn't look hard enough.

Yes I've been there many many times.. in fact everyday for almost 2 months, last month there was a calendar, but you couldn't click a month or a date within that month to make an appt, this month there is no calendar at all... which was why I was in panic mode. At this consulate I believe there is an algorithm which deflects anyone who is not a Mexican citizen as I believe there is very little request to go TO Mexico to live from here. But the point is moot as I DO have an appointment this week thanks to Veronica Munoz from the Chapala Society. Yay!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

You are discussing MEXICAN consulates which have nothing to do with the States. You need to ask Mexicans for advice about their government's consulates and not the expats in Mexico.

Well you must have read the glowing reports on how easy it was to deal with the Mx consulates in the states, didn't you? Anyway the issue hopefully is resolved thanks to yes... a Mexican. But I did get the name and number of an immigration lawyer ... so if I'd needed one, I got a lead from this forum.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, giniinitaly said:

Most of us do not read minds and therefore did not know you were in Italy. 

A 1 minute  Google search and... https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/italia/index.php/es/seccion-consular/174-requisitos-para-visa-de-residente-temporal-rentista

and... https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/milan/index.php/servicios-consulares/documentacion-a-extranjeros/39

Milan consulate appointments are made on-line which is similar to most consulates, ya know.

• Like 2

Im happy to help.  It is the appointment but also a thorough review of documents to make sure they are in the right format.  Some consulates are more "make sense" and some people have been denied from the flexible ones for trying to save a few dollars on printing documents.  Some cases are slam dunk, others appear to be but are not and others are crazy and confusing.  We had 2 different sets of clients who previously lived in Costa Rica and qualified but were denied, I put them through a mini hell as I requested certain documents that were not easy to get and now happily they have their visas.  The devil is in the details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2019 at 4:57 AM, Intercasa said:

Im happy to help.  It is the appointment but also a thorough review of documents to make sure they are in the right format.  Some consulates are more "make sense" and some people have been denied from the flexible ones for trying to save a few dollars on printing documents.  Some cases are slam dunk, others appear to be but are not and others are crazy and confusing.  We had 2 different sets of clients who previously lived in Costa Rica and qualified but were denied, I put them through a mini hell as I requested certain documents that were not easy to get and now happily they have their visas.  The devil is in the details.

Thanks so much Intercasa! I have my appointment this Thursday, hopefully all my i's dotted and t's crossed thanks to Veronica Munoz.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, because I've gotta move out by mid September!

On 8/4/2019 at 3:18 AM, Sonia said:

Most of us do not read minds and therefore did not know you were in Italy. 

A 1 minute  Google search and... https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/italia/index.php/es/seccion-consular/174-requisitos-para-visa-de-residente-temporal-rentista

and... https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/milan/index.php/servicios-consulares/documentacion-a-extranjeros/39

Milan consulate appointments are made on-line which is similar to most consulates, ya know.

Screen name - giniinitaly    =    "gini - in - italy"?

• Haha 1

You can have any screen name and it does not mean you live there. Others have also questioned your location and your attitude.

Really odd you tried 60 times according to you ... mmm....  and did not discover how to make an appointment. The SRE web site for appointments which I use several times a week for clients rarely has issues. 

• Thanks 1