Chapala.com Webboard

MRI

Guest English Rose
10 minutes ago, bmh said:

8500 is a lot.. Chopo in Guadaljara  is as low as around 4500 pesos.

Is the same Chopo that has a big blue sign on that new building just down from Pancho's?

It pays to shop around for MRIs. I believe the new Hospital San Antonio can do MRIs now, please correct me if I'm wrong. I have had several in Guadalajara and at the time I had Mx medical insurance. So I called several on the list to get the price. Prices varried greatly. And if you have a DIF or INAPAM card you get a 20% discount. Last one was at a imaging clinic near Hospital Del Carmen. When I called they told me they were having a sale on MRIs. Yes a sale! Their price was the best and I had been sent there previously by a doctor. So shop around. I have found that Tolsa and Rios are the most expensive for MRIs. Why does your doctor send you there? Many doctors get a "cut" of the fee for your exam.

One thing to consider is that any scan, etc. that needs reading is only as valuable as the proficiency of the person who reads it.

I had a ultrasound in the place right by Walmart. Got the interpretation and it was right on with what I thought and had read. I sent it to my surgeon in California and he agreed, but said I needed to get one done in his office. He didn't say why, but I should have known that it's due to liability exposure. It wasn't for the $$, I know that. But this is secondary to my main point of making as sure as you can that the person doing the reading is highly qualified.

One of the things I have learned down here, which is basically the same I found NOB, and that is there is often a "conspiracy of silence" when it comes to health care professionals. That is that one will not speak ill of another (same as the "Blue Wall of Lance" with the police.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

One thing to consider is that any scan, etc. that needs reading is only as valuable as the proficiency of the person who reads it.

I had a ultrasound in the place right by Walmart.

Walmart in SAT??  It is a stand alone store, not in a mall. so which Walmart or what location is this facility?

12 minutes ago, conejorapido said:

Does anyone know if there is an open MRI in Guad. A friend cant stand to be in closed space....claustrophobic.

They can give your friend a mild anesthetic. I was in too much pain in my spine once so I couldn't lie still on my back so they had to knock me out. CAT scans are more open than MRI's.