Chapala.com Webboard

Emissions Testing Again!

I usually got it done at Vanguardia Honda but last time in for routine service, they weren't doing it anymore. If it isn't convenient, I am not going to do it. Screw it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bmh said:

just wait to get a warning and then do it,

Hell, just take the ticket and pay it promptly. Beats having to go to Guad or wherever for the dumb test. If they started impounding the old smoking coal burners then honest folks driving newer vehicles might actually care about following the rules. As it is, it's a joke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just paid $600 Pesos for emission test...took a week after inspection to get official sticker

which had to be applied by the inspection garage...

location Ajijic/San Antonio

Inconvenient due to need to obtain certified sticker from Guadalajara

but otherwise..done

A drawback is that sticker is good for a year commencing with end # of auto placa

and so best to coincide inspection with that # if at all possible

Does anyone know what the fine is for NOT having a current Emissions Sticker?

Thanks

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Apachewoman said:

I just paid $600 Pesos for emission test...took a week after inspection to get official sticker

which had to be applied by the inspection garage...

location Ajijic/San Antonio

Inconvenient due to need to obtain certified sticker from Guadalajara

but otherwise..done

A drawback is that sticker is good for a year commencing with end # of auto placa

and so best to coincide inspection with that # if at all possible

Does anyone know what the fine is for NOT having a current Emissions Sticker?

Thanks

I find it hard to believe that you got one because "real" ones have not been issued yet this year and nowhere in Jalisco has any garage been approved yet either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

If you went to the garage on Colon in SAT, that guy hasn't had the emissions cert in years. I wonder what he was using to test with? He was the one who put heavy weight oil, (40), in my car and when I saw them doing it I told them the car required 5wI think 20 or something, don't remember exactly, years ago), he said it could not be bought in Mexico. Lie and I knew it as I had bought a quart in the past. Never went to him again. BTW, he did go and buy the correct oil.

Thanks for comments..and concerns. I appreciate. My sticker is 'the real deal'

Traffic police stopped me...sticker was current and correct.

Did not have other work done

Does anyone know cost if one is warned and fined for not obtaining an emissions inspection.

I will check around and share when I find out...but if you know...please share.

thanks😊

• Haha 1

With my property manager's assistance.

Out of area and I relied on manager to have car inspected and serviced.

I do not have specific contact info for garage....sorry

And there are several sites in Guadalajara that are certified...have stickers and authority to

provide

The SAT area mechanic arranged for this service and it took 3 days to obtain certificate/sticker

Services to car were limited to checking fluid levels/hoses/belts/tires/general overview

Radiator and Oil levels/quality were also included...and did not need service.

If anything...this garage owner leaned to the conservative side of services...

as a digression from the usual...all services/costs charged regardless of need.

I am grateful for your inquiry...solid, direct and meaningful...unlike some on site who seem like alarmists...

and have no basis for judgements or chidings!

THANKS

I appreciate!

Apachewoman

• Sad 1

i know that mechanic well and the services he provided you have nothing to do with emissions check and certification and the charge for what he did do is quite reasonable.I recommend him as an honest and excellent mechanic. He hasn't had the equipment since PAN was in power and the reason the next garage was in Chapala was because they were PRI supporters which followed PAN as majority state government. The present state government has stated EMPHATICALLY more than once that until new testing equipment has been purchased and testing garages are selected there will be no certification in 2019. Who told you all this Malarkey and what is the year on your sticker? I would be disappointed if it was the SAT mechanic because that would be totally out of character for him. Again,he didn't charge you for an emission test, he charged you for light general service and that's according to what you finally told us,period.

• Like 5

Please accept my thanks for your energetic posting

I apologize for any confusion that i may have contributed to cause concern.

Perhaps the following will sort things out...and calm the matter.

~I have a valid emissions sticker

~General review services were done for a nominal amount

~Cost of sticker included 200 pesos for Guadalajara site visit/sticker

I did not have the pleasure of meeting the owner who checked the car and handled the inspection

I see your politically interesting comments about equipment being available. 

Thanks...

Your enthusiasm to address this matter exceeded  my intention to share how I obtained a( yes...official and vallid

emissions sticker)....and in future, I shall limit my on site sharing.

I see no reason to upset anyone....thanks for all who have participated.   I assure you that I am doing fine...bi-lingual...many years

of experience living in foreign countries and cautious...circumspect and wishing all a wonderful day!!!!

:

😊😊😊

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Apachewoman said:

Please accept my thanks for your energetic posting

I apologize for any confusion that i may have contributed to cause concern.

Perhaps the following will sort things out...and calm the matter.

~I have a valid emissions sticker

~General review services were done for a nominal amount

~Cost of sticker included 200 pesos for Guadalajara site visit/sticker

I did not have the pleasure of meeting the owner who checked the car and handled the inspection

I see your politically interesting comments about equipment being available. 

Thanks...

Your enthusiasm to address this matter exceeded  my intention to share how I obtained a( yes...official and vallid

emissions sticker)....and in future, I shall limit my on site sharing.

I see no reason to upset anyone....thanks for all who have participated.   I assure you that I am doing fine...bi-lingual...many years

of experience living in foreign countries and cautious...circumspect and wishing all a wonderful day!!!!

:

😊😊😊

The car,in order to be certified, must go to a garage that has the computer issued by the state government, to get a sticker. What part of no equipment has yet been purchased for distribution to selected testing garages in 2019,escapes you? I am not confused in the least,thanks.

It is a matter of public record the emissions program is in suspension until (now) January and has been so from at least the first of the year.  Nevertheless, there have been reports of attempted shakedowns for expired emissions stickers by our corrupt cops.  Perhaps it would be helpful if someone can share with us how to deal with this.

I stopped by S&S this morning and they confirmed what Mainecoons said. They also stated that rumor (I say again RUMAR) has it that there may be an official announcement in August with more details about the future of the emissions tests.

6 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

It is a matter of public record the emissions program is in suspension until (now) January and has been so from at least the first of the year.  Nevertheless, there have been reports of attempted shakedowns for expired emissions stickers by our corrupt cops.  Perhaps it would be helpful if someone can share with us how to deal with this.

Thanks, I always enjoy reading your posts. My inspection was done at a Guadalajara location..and all was done without incident and officially. Thanks for your concern. Is it more important for folks on this site to be factually correct in their sharings...or speciously concerned?  While I appreciate all the comments...this sharing has created more problems than it was worth for me to share.  Again...my apologies..

2 minutes ago, johanson said:

I stopped by S&S this morning and they confirmed what Mainecoons said. They also stated that rumor (I say again RUMAR) has it that there may be an official announcement in August with more details about the future of the emissions tests.

What a nice thing to do....to check a source...and I am aware of who s and s is...

a great place to rely on...but....

Thanks🤩

I am fine with my emissions situation.  Have official sticker...already police reviewed and passed and no worry.

I have found that there are many sources of information...some more dependable than others...

Folks...I have an official emissions sticker issued by a certified garage in Guadalajara.

Thanks for your concern.

Best regards

ever more😀

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

The car,in order to be certified, must go to a garage that has the computer issued by the state government, to get a sticker. What part of no equipment has yet been purchased for distribution to selected testing garages in 2019,escapes you? I am not confused in the least,thanks.

Dear source

Thank you again.

I do not see the value of your prickly presentation.

Though I find it always interesting to hear views and appreciate

all who share.

My contacts are official...due to my work...and regardless of other opinions

I have an official 2019 Emissions Sticker...

Am not ill advised...

Don't you be!

THANKS again...

https://semadet.jalisco.gob.mx/medio-ambiente/calidad-del-aire/control-de-emisiones-vehiculares

This is the official website.  Scroll down and you will see pictures of the emissions stickers.  Last year available is 2018.  I can't help but feel if, there actually are 2019 stickers available, they would have a picture of the sticker as it is July, 2019.  Also, the last I read in the July 15, 2019 issue of the Guadalajara Reporter, the cost for the new test which includes the sticker, when equipment and locations are determined, will be approximately 500 pesos.  That statement was made by the governor of Jalisco, Enrique Alfaro.   (copied from an earlier post "Cost of sticker included 200 pesos for Guadalajara site visit/sticker")

• Like 3

Found this on that site (translated):

Home » Press » News

COMMUNIQUÉ FROM THE SECRETARIAT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND TERRITORIAL DEVELOPMENT

Mar, 05/28/2019 - 11:04 - andrea.villalobos
default_prensa.jpg

The Ministry of Environment and Territorial Development (Semadet) reports that the state program of vehicle verification called "Emissions Control" is in the evaluation, analysis and restructuring phase, to give rise to a new model that will be presented soon. 

In parallel the holder of the Semadet, Sergio Graf Montero, has held meetings with the representatives of the accredited workshops, in order to enrich the new proposal. 

In the coming days, the diagnosis and a new vehicle verification model will be presented that will recover its vocation as an air quality management and regulation instrument.

• 12 readings
Author: andrea.villalobos - Ministry of Environment and Territorial Development
Date of update: 05/28/2019 - 16:04:35

But then I found this, same place!

ome » Press » News

THE COMPULSORY VEHICULAR VERIFICATION PROGRAM (PVVO) CONTINUES CURRENTLY AND IS NOT SUSPENDED

Tue, 05/28/2019 - 12:16 - andrea.villalobos
default_prensa.jpg

The Ministry of Environment and Territorial Development (Semadet) calls on citizens to keep their vehicles in good mechanical condition, in order to reduce the rates of air pollution. 

Through the Compulsory Vehicle Verification Program (PVVO), which continues in force and is not suspended, citizens can prove that their vehicle is in good condition and meets acceptable emission limits. 

In  https://verificacionvehicular.jalisco.gob.mx/talleres-acreditados   you can check the location of the 109 workshops that have valid accreditation.

As mentioned at the beginning of 2019, the State Government will present the general guidelines for the redesign of the PVVO at the end of January. However, citizens can check their cars before this happens and it will be perfectly valid. 

The vehicle verification is a tool that allows to know the state of the vehicle fleet in terms of emissions to the atmosphere to take the necessary preventive and corrective measures and thus mitigate the harmful effects of emissions and climate change.