Chapala.com Webboard

local thermal spas

Hard to find water related venues in Mexico without children unless they are private homes and not open to the general public, especially on weekends.  Within a 50K radius of Chapala there might be one or two spas northwest of Guad. that has mostly adults and very few children but very expensive in comparison.

Don’t know if it ranks as a spa, but the Montecarlo Hotel in West Chapala does feature a thermal pool and an adult clientele although children are not banned. It will be very crowded on the U.S. 4th, however, as Democrats Abroad are hosting their annual 4th of July fundraiser.

• Sad 1

Thermal Cosala is located "next door" to the family style pools called the Balinerios in San Juan Cosala. No children allowed. There is one main pool and several hot tubs on the property. Massage is available as well. I think the current entry fee is 480 pesos. It is very relaxing and has lovely views of the lake.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, losgatos said:

Don’t know if it ranks as a spa, but the Montecarlo Hotel in West Chapala does feature a thermal pool and an adult clientele although children are not banned. It will be very crowded on the U.S. 4th, however, as Democrats Abroad are hosting their annual 4th of July fundraiser.

4th of July?  Sound like a good time to be there……..must be a great group of people.

9 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

I could never understand why expats give a s##t about the politics back where they came from, Liberal or Conservative. Out of sight, out of mind.

Maybe they have assets there, like bank accounts, properties, or other investments.  Maybe they receive pensions or other income from there.  Maybe they have children and grandchildren or other family there,  Maybe they have friends and associates there.  Maybe they are just homesick.   Maybe they just give a s##t.

I don´t know, I´m just guessing.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

I could never understand why expats give a s##t about the politics back where they came from, Liberal or Conservative. Out of sight, out of mind.

Except that they are spouting about the arrival of 5G in the area... unfortunately unasked for politics will come to you whether you like it or not.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, slainte39 said:

HUH????

https://draxe.com/5g-health-effects/

If it's supposedly only borderline safe for humans, then what about insects, birds, plants and animals? That's what I meant about politics coming to you, why the Chapala area, where most internet users are retired and just sending emails, checking your bank statements or playing on FB.. just how much speed do you think you really need, enough to be irradiated by microwaves on every street corner? They've discovered that 5G has a lot of negative effects and it's been rolling out without the proper accumulated testing data on living things. Look it up yourself.

22 minutes ago, giniinitaly said:

If it's supposedly only borderline safe for humans, then what about insects, birds, plants and animals? That's what I meant about politics coming to you, why the Chapala area, where most internet users are retired and just sending emails, checking your bank statements or playing on FB.. just how much speed do you think you really need, enough to be irradiated by microwaves on every street corner? They've discovered that 5G has a lot of negative effects and it's been rolling out without the proper accumulated testing data on living things. Look it up yourself.

But on the positive side...it has been reported that 5G "radiation" seems to attract more UFO's so sightings should be going up.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, giniinitaly said:

That's what I meant about politics coming to you, why the Chapala area, where most internet users are retired and just sending emails, checking your bank statements or playing on FB.. just how much speed do you think you really need, enough to be irradiated by microwaves on every street corner?

Excuse me, but there are more than a few Mexicans that live in the Chapala area and businesses like the new hospitals and hotels, etc. that require and use high speed internet.  ILOX was servicing communities that don´t have foreign retirees long before they arrived here.

Once again, too many "people" think that the Chapala community exists for the pleasure of foreign retirees only.  Sure they are a factor but this is still a part of Mexico with a majority made up of Mexicans.

• Thanks 3

"People" have been getting upset about this stuff since long before cell towers went up. Since before the light bulb. Everything in that article is "guilt by association": “I don’t think it’s clear that there are health risks, but it’s also not clear that there are no health risks.” All implications, and you will take away from it what you want. Whatever. 5G is happening, just like 4G, just like 3G, and so on.

But I'm here to tell you that you can't get fibre optic to your cell phone, so the suggestion is ludicrous.

The more incredible thing is, how the heck did this topic even surface in a thread about local thermal spas.

• Like 1