Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw

We received a notice last week from Shaw about needing equipment upgrade in order to access the third satellite with the new hi def channels.  The message I get on the system says we need to upgrade our dish.  Below is a copy of the notice.  Anybody else get this?  If yes, what do you plan to do about it?  

9D414BA7-59C8-4394-80E0-5CADCB95EFAE.jpeg

12 minutes ago, HarryB said:

My receiver is supposed to get HD.

But only if the HD signals can reach this far south. The footprints of Shaw's new satellites don't reach this latitude. Shaw's services are designed to serve the Canadian market; it's a pure bonus they even have a satellite allowing a signal this far south after so many years. 

The future is streaming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dostortas said:

We received a notice last week from Shaw about needing equipment upgrade in order to access the third satellite with the new hi def channels.  The message I get on the system says we need to upgrade our dish.  Below is a copy of the notice.  Anybody else get this?  If yes, what do you plan to do about it? 

You might want to do a search here on the topic; it's been covered many times. The short of it is there is no point in upgrading, because we can't get anything from the third bird. You'll be fine with what you have... until Shaw has to leave the current two satellites. Whenever that may be.

The difficulty here is they are bombarding clients with requests to upgrade. I spoke with them several times before I finally got someone who said he would put a "do not contact" note on my file. They were phoning my Canadian number regularly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

You might want to do a search here on the topic; it's been covered many times. The short of it is there is no point in upgrading, because we can't get anything from the third bird. You'll be fine with what you have... until Shaw has to leave the current two satellites. Whenever that may be.

The difficulty here is they are bombarding clients with requests to upgrade. I spoke with them several times before I finally got someone who said he would put a "do not contact" note on my file. They were phoning my Canadian number regularly.

Thanks CG for your response.  Good to know.  

On 6/26/2019 at 8:42 AM, ComputerGuy said:

I have my own account from NS. Can. Just on the phone with Shaw to remove a special order channel.  The op was hard sell that I should change my package.  I looked on the new line up he offered for my old favourite channels & they were different numbers.  I am concerned that these new numbers might be Sat 3 channels & if I switch I would not be able to receive them.  I am staying on my original programming even though I might get a better deal on the new packages.

Any thoughts????