Chapala.com Webboard

Our fragile space in Mexico

17 hours ago, bmh said:

no you are not guests you are immigrants who can be treated like everywhere else in the world.. when politics change all bets are off..

You are a guest if you can be deported on the whim of the government, regardless of immigrant status.

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

You seem to have acquired a lot of "exes" on your short time on this good, and forgiving short Earth. What is the difference between MGTOW, Mysogonism, and Incel?

Watch your YouTube University feed.

I think the woman  (OP referenced) spoke of her affection for the Mexican people and their culture.  She grew up on the border and had traveled extensively throughout Mexico all of her life.  She stated she was a permanent resident of Mexico for 15 years and had served as both president and vice president of fraccionaminetos in Mexico.  She said this was her first membership meeting at RC and was disturbed at the behavior of some of the members during the meeting.  She was polite and respectful. She did not point any fingers at the expat members.  She said that disruptive, impolite, and disrepectful behavior undermines the credibility of one's viewpoint with the Mexican people. This behavior creates more division.

My observation was that a group of expats repeatedly disrupted the meeting with random heckling and shouting directed at the Mexican Jocotepec official, Mexican Board President, and Mexican Fracc attorney.  They broke the rules of order repeatedly.  I did not agree with rules of the meeting but I did abide by those rules.  

At the conclusion of her comments she stated we are guests in this country and so we should be polite and respectful.

"Pathetic, Gushing, patronizing?" Draw your own conclusions.

• Like 1

I do not believe that.. the acceptance depends on the personality of the foreigner not on his nationality. I am French and I socialize mostly with Mexican and I do not hear mny ugly coments about Americans.. About Trump yes many but about Americans no..

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, bmh said:

I do not believe that.. the acceptance depends on the personality of the foreigner not on his nationality. I am French and I socialize mostly with Mexican and I do not hear mny ugly coments about Americans.. About Trump yes many but about Americans no..

That is good to hear?

it is what it is..neither good or bad as things can change..  I think it is good that so far the foreigners as a whole are not getting blame for the crzyness that s going on up north.. We are all in the same bag.. if the public opnion turns , the people will not make a difference between any of us, citizens or not  Americans or not.. The way I look at it , so far so good..

1 hour ago, Kiko said:

I think the woman  (OP referenced) spoke of her affection for the Mexican people and their culture.  She grew up on the border and had traveled extensively throughout Mexico all of her life.  She stated she was a permanent resident of Mexico for 15 years and had served as both president and vice president of fraccionaminetos in Mexico.  She said this was her first membership meeting at RC and was disturbed at the behavior of some of the members during the meeting.  She was polite and respectful. She did not point any fingers at the expat members.  She said that disruptive, impolite, and disrepectful behavior undermines the credibility of one's viewpoint with the Mexican people. This behavior creates more division.

My observation was that a group of expats repeatedly disrupted the meeting with random heckling and shouting directed at the Mexican Jocotepec official, Mexican Board President, and Mexican Fracc attorney.  They broke the rules of order repeatedly.  I did not agree with rules of the meeting but I did abide by those rules.  

At the conclusion of her comments she stated we are guests in this country and so we should be polite and respectful.

Surely we should all strive to be polite and respectful!😌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Kiko said:

I guess me must have been at the same meeting, but to no surprise we have a different take on the assembly or for the purpose it was called

Let me make it very clear that I expect to be treated as I would treat other people, whether we are NOB or SOB, by the  maid, gardener, tradesperson or the President pf Joco Municipality.

I find it extraordinary that you do not find it very strange that the members were not able to question the various bits of info provided..akin to being treated like  mushrooms, kept in the dark and fertilized as needed

For example, Did you fully understand the financial statement provided? you are not interested in having more information , on the 11 mil pesos not collected. Did you know that the club employes a collector to collect money from the Tatipos in Guad and is paid 15+% for doing that work?

I am not sure who invited the representative from Joco Municipal, who came across very clearly that the Municipality did not wish to get involved in the club affairs ,BUT would do so if needed. His remarks sounded a bit hollow when he mentioned the Municipal responsibilities : supply water ( not correct)  have responsibility for the roads. Great, when did they last fix up the road? or collect the garbage. The Racquet Club is one of the BIG cash cows, much money flows in, but little,none, coming from City Hall.

Let me tell you when they last made some very limited repairs to the road. In 2007 after we suffered significant damage to the club facilities and its infrastructure.They received millions of pesos for recovery operations to San Juan Cosala, but  99.9% of the club repairs and infrastructure  were paid by club members

Both entrance and exits to the club were blocked.... but thanks to a Canada Couple who called an emergency meeting at their home, and organized a plan of action , also much credit for  two resident builders Snr Francisco and Jose Flores who with backhoe and workers cleared the back entranced way. Meanwhile who was standing around frozen to the spot  like a deer  in the headlights of a car..The same President who called this extraordinary meeting and who was not elected at the last AGM

The Racquet Club has some of the best amenities in the area , and we are blessed with great views etc..... but like all business it needs to have qualified and dedicated  people to run it...or delegate the responsibility to a management company

Are the people who were elected to the board "qualified" (in particular who will be the Tesorero), are they a representative mix of owners? 

I do not wish to prolong this debate on the forum but will be happy to join you for a cup of coffee at a place of you choosing..... as I am sure we both have the best interests of the club in mind..Peace

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

I guess me must have been at the same meeting, but to no surprise we have a different take on the assembly or for the purpose it was called

Let me make it very clear that .....

I am very aware of the fracc problems on both sides   For the record I did not vote to accept the financial records as presented by the President.  Also I stated in my post that I did not agree with the rules of the meeting for several reasons.  

In my opinion, if the RC members wish to try to resolve the important issues on the table today, then the first step is to refrain from insulting those members who may not share our opinion.  That was the purpose of my earlier post.

• Like 2

Yes, a very strange situation in the RC. A man who was not elected to the Board took over the Presidency and almost everything else. Then the next week a friend of his was the president (also not elected). They brought unelected friends on to the Board. Very secretive and undemocratic. Threats,  banishments, physical confrontation. bylaws ignored etc.

53 minutes ago, cedros said:

Yes, a very strange situation in the RC. A man who was not elected to the Board took over the Presidency and almost everything else. Then the next week a friend of his was the president (also not elected). They brought unelected friends on to the Board. Very secretive and undemocratic. Threats and banishments.

What do the board rules say about how people become members of the board and how the president is chosen?

6 minutes ago, Xena said:

What do the board rules say about how people become members of the board and how the president is chosen?

The rules are very specific but they are completely ignored.