Chapala.com Webboard

Travel from the USA to Cuba

More Liana

If you didn't see this announcement, effective Tuesday June 4, 2019, you'll want to read it.  There are several other articles in the NYTimes (and I'm sure in other newspapers) about this new wrinkle.

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2019/06/04/us/politics/ap-us-united-states-cuba.html?searchResultPosition=3  

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, RickS said:

One of many lately.....

Yep, that is a typical Libtard response. Your politics are showing. Can't resist that Trump bashing can you? Got that syndrome bad, don't you? 

8 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:

Yep, that is a typical Libtard response. Your politics are showing. Can't resist that Trump bashing can you? Got that syndrome bad, don't you? 

Silly

• Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, Xena said:

Politics and personal attacks are allowed if they are the right kind.  

There is another one who can't alway seem to get her way, so thinks its ok to trash others.

2 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:

There is another one who can't alway seem to get her way, so thinks its ok to trash others.

Saying that talking the right kind of politics and personal attacks are allowed here is “trashing others” but saying “Yep, that is a typical Libtard response” is fine and dandy. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Come on guys. I learn so much here. Then when things are just getting interesting, politics comes up and then the mods lock the topic. And yes I have very strong political opinions as well, and if I were to post them, not only would the string be locked but I bet I would be banned for life :)

Please don't get this string get locked. :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xena said:

Saying that talking the right kind of politics and personal attacks are allowed here is “trashing others” but saying “Yep, that is a typical Libtard response” is fine and dandy. 🤣

Just proved my point. Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Xena said:

If your point is that you make no sense, yes, you have proved it. 

What is a Libtard? Is that supposed to be something bad? I get the feeling (in this thread) that it is kind of meant to be an insult whereas I thought that the poster was very cognitive about the problem of travel to another country which hadn´t existed before and had nothing to do with elections or politics.

Does travelling to Cuba make you political? I´m sure both Republicans and Democrats have made that trip as tourists, so either could be Libtsrds.

7 hours ago, johanson said:

Can't an American still go to Cuba? Why not just leave from where we live, here in Mexico? 

I have a friend who is an American citizen living in Mexico who did that during the era when it was banned in the U.S.  She had no problem going from Mexico to Cuba with a group.

7 hours ago, johanson said:

Can't an American still go to Cuba? Why not just leave from where we live, here in Mexico? 

Yes, but it can be tricky. Would it not be better if they could just go directly to Cuba?

If you want to travel to Cuba there are vacation packages that you can travel on, right  here, locally. Visit this communist country, and see how the real Cuban's live. If you want to move there on a permanent basis, and join their lifestyle, I'm sure they will be happy to take your dollars. In the meantime see Fidel Castro's grandson's decadent lifestyle: https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=images+of+Fidel+Castro's+garndson+on+his+yacht&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8   Definitely not in Cuba.

• Sad 3

Again with the politics!!  Ever notice how, no matter whether it's coming from the right or the left, the subject brings out the "snark" in posters?  That's my objection to the mods letting it happen.

According to my  friend who went there with a group, it's an interesting place and well worth a visit.  So are China and Russia. That by no means indicates a desire to move to any of those places.🤨

• Like 5

It's obvious to me that the people who have posted regarding the link that started this thread have not bothered to read the article.  The article CLEARLY STATES that this new rule applies to cruise ships departing from the USA. 

And FYI, if you simply looked at the words in the link itself--not even the article--it should be apparent that the NYTimes thought it was political news.  I don't care one way or the other, it simply seemed like travel news that would interest some members of this board.  I guess "interest" means "let's all bash one another".  Good grief.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1