Chapala.com Webboard

Magic mushrooms?

Small amounts were legalized for possession ion 2006, so I assume that is still the case. When I was in graduate school 45 years ago in Georgia I used them several times and found them to be an incredibly illuminating and fun experience. The variety in Mexico has a different appearance, but I believe I have seen them on my golf course lately after the rain. In the southern US they grew in cow pastures after a rain. Is anyone here familiar with the local variety? If you wish to PM me instead of replying on the thread I understand, but believe they are legal as I said.

I picked the same ones your're talking about from Texas in Georgia. Pyslocibe cubensis. Picked them dozens of times and there were certain things that you could look for to make sure they were the right ones. Never got sick or died. But, it's a different variety here.

Truffles (Philosopher Stones) are the sclerotia of the Psilocybe mexicana and grow under the surface of the substrate where you find Psilocybe mexicana and contain a higher concentration psilocybine then the mushrooms themselves.

image.png.e535527c365edf77d07056a400bd2398.png

Psilocybin mushrooms are sometimes successfully used in the treatment of Cluster Headaches (aka "Suicide Headache" because the pain is so severe that some patients actually commit suicide to escape the pain.) Cluster headaches have often been described as a migraine headaches times 1000. Cluster headaches are believed to originate in the hypothalamus, the part of the brain that regulates time, specifically as it relates to seasons. These headaches often come in clusters during certain seasons, hence their clinical name, "cluster headaches."  These are known as "episodic headaches." Unfortunately some have them all year long, often many times per day and are known as "chronic sufferers."

While the recreational does is 3.5 - 5 grams of dried mushrooms, the dose that is sufficient to alleviate cluster headaches is about 1/3 that amount, depending on the strength and variety of psilocybin mushroom used and does not deliver the psychoactive effect that recreational users seek.

Mushrooms used in conjunction with high-flow oxygen 11 - 12 LPM using a re-breather mask has been found to be extremely effective in alleviating headaches for cluster headache sufferers.

See: ClusterBusters

I used to suffer from Cluster Headaches, but fortunately they have been in remission for about 5 years. They are every bit as bad as people say they are. People used to pray for me to get healed, but the headaches got so bad that people then started to pray for me to die so I could be freed from the pain. The pain reaches such excruciating levels that you would think a person would pass out or die from the pain -- and then increases much, much further.

Psilocybe cubensis grow around here in fields on cow pies and local variety around here looks mostly like any other cubensis you've seen (see photo taken last year in Mezcala). Just look for the golden cap growing out of cow dung, then check for bruising. They have that same faraetenaceos scent as up north. It's probably the most common variety found in this area. Psilocybe mexicana, of course, can be found around here. Psilocybe zapotecorum is another common mushroom in Jalisco. Hunting season is approximately August (aka Hongosto) until October or so.

Check out this video about mushrooms of Mexico on YouTube.

_DSC3136.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. I have found some schrooms on my golf course that appear to be the tall, thin variety of pysilocibe mexicana. I will do some more research online. If I do find some cubensis I will know them at once as their are several indicators. It has been 45 years since the lat time I used them. I never had a bad experience and thought I'd enjoy doing them once more. The closest thing I ever had to a true religious experience was while doing them. I've been doing some reading about new discoveries in modern physics and the relationship with mystic beliefs. Might be enlightening.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Whenever someone mentions mushrooms, I think of the story of the German family who went into the forest to collect truffles.  As they were preparing a meal at home with their truffles they gave some to their cat.  When they sat down to eat, the cat leapt up ran around the dining room several times screeching in pain and then collapsed.  The family immediately rushed to the hospital and all had their stomachs pumped. 

Upon returning home, they found the cat with a litter of new born kittens under the dining room table.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, elevator said:

I've been doing some reading about new discoveries in modern physics and the relationship with mystic beliefs. Might be enlightening. 

That is a fascinating subject, but difficult to understand. I have read this book many times. It is from 2001 but the approach is the same, but there are new understandings that have emerged in quantum physics, for example the book suggests there is something faster than the speed of light, but that is now widely accepted, also that the universe is interconnected with everything.

https://www.amazon.com/Nature-Loves-Hide-Quantum-Perspective/dp/0195138945

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

The Easy Guide On How To Identify Psilocybin Mushrooms

The Magic Mushroom Growers Guide

Sporeworks.com

Spore Works has been supplying quality rare and exotic mushroom spores since October of 1998. Our primary focus is providing our customers with the highest quality spore and culture material, and the widest available selection of varieties and species. * Spores have no active psilocin or psilocybin and are legal to ship. Actually growing them is where you may get into trouble depending upon the laws where you are located.

PERSONAL NOTE:

My experience with psilocybin mushrooms was a life-saving alleviation of "Cluster Headaches" aka "Suicide headaches."

See: https://clusterbusters.org/.

ALSO SEE:

While the following might seem counterintuitive, it may be very beneficial to assist psychologically fragile individuals who cannot handle the hallucinogenic effects of these drugs, but could benefit from the therapeutic aspects of these drugs for a myriad of medical and psychological conditions, plus would allow much larger doses to be administered that are way beyond the recreational doses. 

A new research program from DARPA is looking to remove those pesky hallucinatory side effects from psychedelic medicines such as MDMA & psilocybin.   Read more

• 3 months later...

Psilocybe Mexicanos are one strain found in Mexico. Unless it’s azurescens or cyanescens they’re all pretty much the same. Good luck brother. Happy trails!🙏💚💯😇 🍄 

p.s I wouldn’t  be surprised if you were able to find host that host mushroom ceremonies. I believe the mushroom was discovered by a columnist for time magazine during a trip to Jalisco! Hope you find what you are looking for! Namaste 🙏 

• Confused 1

• 10 months later...

Microdosing psilocybin as a treatment for depression, anxiety, and PTSD is on the rise. Microdosing is taking a small fraction of what is considered a recreational dose. Small enough that there is no apparent psychoactive effect, no hallucinations. Microdosing is reported to "improve mood, induce physical and mental stimulation, and encourage creative thinking".

Check out this discussion from James Fadiman on this topic:

Hey Kiko. I enjoy every day here. Do you never seek to enhance your pleasure through a great meal, or an enjoyable drink or two? It's not a matter of not enjoying what one has, but possibly adding to it. If you haven't experienced the joys and insights one receives from the magic mushroom, maybe you should refrain from preaching, or better yet gain firsthand knowledge.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Kiko said:

If my comments came across as preaching then I apologize.  Life is short so enjoy your moments however or wherever you find them.  Buen camino.

How did you intend your comment to sound? Not being snarky. I really am wondering what your intent was in posting that comment in a thread up till then a serious discussion among people who have used, are using, or wanting to use a mind-altering substance. For the record I did not see the comment as being preachy so much as sanctimonious.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2