Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a decent ceiling fan.

I got screwed over by a couple of guys who said my fan motor needed replacement. It absolutely did.

They said they would put a new one in for $1,200.00. I said OK and paid.

They put it in. Four days later, it stopped working. They came out an "fixed" it.

Three days later, it stopped working.

I'll take the loss and look for a new one. I saw one in Riberas, a real piece of cheap junk and small. Store wanted near $3,000.

II would like a working, decent one or will go to Costco.

Thanks.. 

If there is a branch of the store "Rey de Aire" at the Lake or in Guadalajara, I have had very good luck with their fans.  Not overly expensive and no problems.  Not the best looking things but boy do they move air.

I bought 2 Hampton Bay fans at Home Depot. The Home Decor store in Riberas was charging 400-800 pesos more for the same fans. Rubén from the Home Decor shop installed both for 300 pesos each.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I got screwed over by a couple of guys who said my fan motor needed replacement. It absolutely did.

They said they would put a new one in for $1,200.00. I said OK and paid.

They put it in. Four days later, it stopped working. They came out an "fixed" it.

Three days later, it stopped working.

I'll take the loss and look for a new one. I saw one in Riberas, a real piece of cheap junk and small. Store wanted near $3,000.

II would like a working, decent one or will go to Costco.

Thanks.. 

It's unlikely that the motor was gone. When fans start spinning slowly or hardly at all, it's usually the capacitor, a part that's super easy to replace yourself in 15 minutes and the part itself is the size of a matchbox and costs about 35 pesos.

Ventiladores is one of the most overpriced places to buy a fan. (and they tried to sell a friend one of those 35 peso capacitors for 200 pesos)

Years ago they used to sell Westinghouse industrial fans at Costco for about 600 pesos. Wish they still sold them- they are the best- move the air like crazy. Mine are still going strong after 10 years, altho I've replaced the capacitors once or twice. Maybe those fans are available online.

• Like 1

The guys that I paid $1,200 for a "new" motor put the fan back and it stopped after a week. They cam back and did whatever and it started. 3 days later it stopped. Now they have to look for a new motor and will "get back to us."

I am very fed up with being cheated, especially when there is realistically nothing I can do.

VENTILADORES Y ACCESORIOS S.A. DE C.V.. Av. Patria #1824-B Col. Santa Isabel Zapopan Jalisco 45110. 
México. Monday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Tuesday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Wednesday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ...

i want to that store in Zapopan, it is on Lopez Mateos, we bought a nice ceiling fan with remote, lots of choices...we were amazed of the selection, never seen so many ceiling fans in one place...

just goggle the name www.ventiladores y accesorios.com

On 6/1/2019 at 6:58 PM, Mopsy said:

I bought 2 Hampton Bay fans at Home Depot. The Home Decor store in Riberas was charging 400-800 pesos more for the same fans. Rubén from the Home Decor shop installed both for 300 pesos each.

I purchased 3 Hampton Bay fans at Home Depot 15 years ago and they are still going fine...