Chapala.com Webboard

Could it be that Ave. Madero is getting a new facelift?

It was reported this week in the Guadalajara Reporter that Chapala recently announced that it would soon start resurfacing many more streets within the municipality in the next coming weeks.  Well, tonight I took my evening stroll down on the malecón and I noticed that they had begun removing sections of the octagon shaped brick adoquines, down in front of the main Church and were replacing it with the nice smooth faux-type adoquines that they have already used on Calle Morelos in Chapala and also on Calle Juarez, behind the Mercado Principal.  I'm calling them faux-type adoquines, because I have no idea what they are really called.  It looks like large flat and smooth sheets of cement is being laid down, and on the cement, little squares are carved into to it to resemble adoquines or paving stones.  I have no idea how far up Madero they are planning on going, but I am really pleased to see them finally improving the major Avenue in Chapala, I guess if I live long enough, I might one day even see my street resurfaced with these nice, smooth, and attractive little paver stone look-alikes.

The city is installing colored pedestrian crossings that supposedly will stand out more than the lines that are painted and deteriorate quickly. With the eco event being held this weekend, the malecón traffic surely will be tied up. 

Gobierno de Chapala

🚧🚜🚸El tramo de la Av. Madero esquina Ramón Corona a la altura del restaurante Cazadores, se encuentra cerrada a la circulación debido a que el personal de Obras Públicas está trabajando en la creación de cruces peatonales con estampado en cemento. 
Utiliza vías alternas. Agradecemos tu comprensión por las molestias que esto pueda ocasionar. #GobiernoDeLaGente

The only thing from Ajijic that escapes Chapala is our tax dollars going everywhere but here.  There are literally hundreds of pot holes here now and no sign of action as the rainy season approaches, which of course will cause the existing ones to expand rapidly.

Ajijic is reduced to repairing its own Malecon as well.  While many thanks are due the Garden Club, Harry, Hector, Canuck Bob and others for a really nice job of fixing the bridges and benches it is pretty clear that the alleged reform government of Chapala is the same old same old when it comes to Ajijic.  That skate park blight sits in the middle of our Malecon like a constant reminder of this.

Helping out just seems to be taken as an enabling of neglecting Ajijic even more.  Perhaps it is time to see if we can file some sort of denuncia and I'll bet the folks of even more neglected Riberas would be happy to join it.

If you want to see your tax dollars going everywhere but here just follow the Chapala government Facebook page.  Seeing is believing.

Sad.

• Like 1

I would prefer that Chapala repair the streets we all use everyday (particularly filling in potholes) rather than fancying up one street for the benefit of tapitios and tourists. By “all of us” I mean the residents of every town and village in the municipality. I live in Chapala and other than the couple of streets selected for gods know what reason the streets I use are a nightmare. This year we did not even get the usual pre-rainy season pothole filling. Many of those holes are already dangerous size. 

• Like 1