Chapala.com Webboard

My US TV shows

9 hours ago, Herman said:

I’ll be relocating to Ajijic on 7/1/19. Not too concerned, but are US TV shows broadcast there? Silly things like Judge Judy or Jeopardy or say any prime time shows?

Choices here are Dish satellite TV, HD, Shaw TV,  Streaming TV over internet, Direct TV satellite.

5 minutes ago, geeser said:

Choices here are Dish satellite TV, HD, Shaw TV,  Streaming TV over internet, Direct TV satellite.

Or.... you can buy an android box for TV (requires WiFi) and then have hundreds of channels world wide.  Service is spotty when WiFi signal is weak. But after the cost of the box (around $750 - $1000 PESOS),  it's all free

• Like 1

Not sure if they have an app for that but I do know you can't get it with a Roku device or TV. Shame because I used to do that but Roku banned them a year or so ago.  Seems they are banned for a piracy issue but you can get it on your phone and mirror to your TV, assuming your phone and TV have that capability.

• Like 1

We just used Derek (he had an ad in the Guad Reporter) who came and installed Firesticks on our two Samsung TVs. Now, we have access to practically everything and it's all FREE (after the cost of installation/Firesticks). He spent a lot of time here until everything was up and running. I really recommend him. FWIW, one of the access points (or whatever you call it) is the same as I have on my Android tablet. No more $130/month cable bills. If you go to Play Store, just download USA TV & Radio. You'll be amazed at what's out there for free!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I have tried other products but found them all to be this side of useless. I get all the silly shows you mentioned and more and SHAW has been the only real TV that has worked for me. The other gadgets were long on promise but short on delivery. Remember, we don't have the fastest WIFI in the land here and I live in downtown Chapala so getting a million channels with products that depend on WUFI have just left me frustrated. I get NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC and though I have never tuned it in--FOX. There are local shows from various American and Canadian cities and No, I do not get SHAW for free nor do I sell it as a product. I am only telling you of the fruits of my long search through many other methods of getting the channels I want. I  would be happy to get even a better list of channels but SHAW has been the best I have found so far (I am still on the hunt). This has been my opinion after 8 years of searching.

• Like 3