Chapala.com Webboard

iLox - are they cutting Telmex landlines?

Several people on this board have said ilox has physically cut their Telmex landlines during installation of their fibre. A friend of mine was told by the installers last week that is exactly what they would be doing, but she put her foot down and they figured out a way to get the fibre in "through that small hole".

I will be discussing this with iLox, but I need some contact info... I don't want them thinking it's just "hearsay". Any takers? PM me if you don't want to discuss it in public.

Our Telmex line was not cut by Ilox.  However, when we did renovations to our house approx. 4 years ago, we had work done to our main telephone line using a conduit so that phone, satellite and internet all came in at the same place.  This made it extremely easy for the installer of Ilox to get us set up.  He was here less than 1 hour, where I have heard comments that installation took around 4 hours.  So I guess it depends how your telmex line is installed currently.  I still don't understand why they would have to cut the Telmex line.

43 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I would really appreciate only hearing from those 2 or 3 people on this board who recently reported actually having their Telmex line cut.

Well, if they recently actually reported it, why do you need to hear from them again?  And what happened to the "Several people on this board have said ilox has physically cut their Telmex landlines" to whom you referred in your OP?  Now it's just "2 or 3 people?"  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

They reported it on this board. I have no idea whether they reported it to Ilox. My memory says they did not, but I have been unable search for and retrieve their posts.

"Several" can easily mean three. I don't remember. It could have been four. And there may be others who did not post/report anything at all. So I'd like to know. What's it to you, anyway? Once again, I'm trying to help the community, and I get this attitude. "No good deed..."

• Sad 1

I shared my experience because at NO TIME did the Ilox installers ask or tell us that they would cut the TelMex landline, nor did we mention to them that we intended to retain TelMex.  They ran their line through the same hole and reamed it out a bit to make it fit.  

Your post states that Ilox cut the TelMex lines....but perhaps the homeowner asked it to be cut if they did not intend to continue with TelMex and they did not want any "holes" made bigger to accommodate Ilox??  

I don't know the law on this; would it be illegal for the homeowner to cut (or direct others) to cut the TelMex cable inside the homeowner's property line? 

2 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

I would really appreciate only hearing from those 2 or 3 people on this board who recently reported actually having their Telmex line cut.

You want this forum post to become a one-sided commentary?  We all have the right to state our opinion on this subject, whether it's good or bad.  I myself, had Ilox installed, and they certainly didn't cut the Telmex line!  Both lines are operational.

• Like 2

The posts were all angry ones from people who had their landlines cut. It is illegal to interfere with TelMex service in any way. All I want are the names of the people who complained so I can discuss it with iLox and ensure it never happens again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suegarn said:

You want this forum post to become a one-sided commentary?  We all have the right to state our opinion on this subject, whether it's good or bad.  I myself, had Ilox installed, and they certainly didn't cut the Telmex line!  Both lines are operational.

What are you talking about, "one-sided commentary"? These people have already posted they had their lines cut. You are suggesting there is something two-sided about that? That if someone posts their line was cut, there is room for discussion? That it is merely their opinion?

You might also pay more attention: I told everyone they could PM me if they didn't want to discuss it in public.

You are not involved in this. Therefore, I don't need to hear from you. I need only to hear from those who had their lines cut. This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Found this on a search.  You're welcome :D

ajijicbound

• Member+
  •  
  • ajijicbound
  • Members
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Ajijic News online publication.

When Ilox installed, they cut my telmex line. Ilox kept telling me to call and port my number. This went on for 2 months until Ilox finally came out, reconnected my telmex line so I could port. Once done, they left the telmex line cut again.

1 minute ago, ComputerGuy said:

What are you talking about, "one-sided commentary"? These people have already posted they had their lines cut. You are suggesting there is something two-sided about that? That if someone posts their line was cut, there is room for discussion?

You might also pay more attention: I told everyone they could PM me if they didn't want to discuss it in public.

You are not involved in this. Therefore, I don't need to hear from you. I need only to hear from those who had their lines cut. This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

It's a one-sided commentary if you only want to hear from people who say they had their lines cut, and are unhappy with Ilox.  A two-sided commentary is where you hear from people with good experiences and bad ones.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

You must have been a real charmer in English class at school. There is nothing about this topic that is commentary. Nothing at all. I asked for facts. I don't want commentary. Again, I don't see what is so difficult to grasp about this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I have been able to dig up one report of having a line cut, so far. Anyone else who this happened to, we are simply trying to improve the whole iLox experience in future, so that others don't have the same problems. Having your TelMex line cut is simply one aspect of this research: missed appointments is another.

In the same thread, NLU reported that he lost his phone connection, and a TelMex worker told him that the CFE had cut his line. Unfortunately, CFE answers to no authority for anything. But iLox is asking for your help.

ajijicbound, please contact me.

6 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

There is nothing about this topic that is commentary. Nothing at all. I asked for facts. I don't want commentary. Again, I don't see what is so difficult to grasp about this.

I offered commentary, and I also gave you a post of a person whose TelMex line was cut.  See how that works??   Posting on a public forum is always a two way street, with many detours and bumps in the road.  But you already know that.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

You are beyond the point of simply splitting hairs. You are engaging in rhetoric, and poorly at that. Furthermore, you just happened to post that link while I was typing my reply to suegarn, so our posts crossed. If you had simply offered that in the first place, we wouldn't be having this silly discussion.

• Like 1

Gee, all I said that Ilox activated a 109-xxxx phone number on their modem. No charge.  If you want to use their number you can cancel Telmex and use theirs. If you want to use your Telmex number then you must port or assign that number to Ilox. Nothing physical involved here. The install guys didn't touch my existing Telmex line.

8 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

You are beyond the point of simply splitting hairs. You are engaging in rhetoric, and poorly at that. Furthermore, you just happened to post that link while I was typing my reply to suegarn, so our posts crossed. If you had simply offered that in the first place, we wouldn't be having this silly discussion.

I posted it as soon as I found it.  "Several" minutes before you did ;)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Someone is really trying to just argue and argue some more.  And, for what?  It is not pleasant at all to be on this web board and have to read posts from someone who just wants to be antagonistic and snarky.  Computer Guy, I wish I could help you out with some info, but my Ilox hasn't been installed yet.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

Someone is really trying to just argue and argue some more.  And, for what?  It is not pleasant at all to be on this web board and have to read posts from someone who just wants to be antagonistic and snarky.  Computer Guy, I wish I could help you out with some info, but my Ilox hasn't been installed yet.  

I appreciate your empathy. Fear not; I need only hear from those with this one problem. Here's hoping that you will have no problems. Especially, forewarned. Cheers.

40 minutes ago, Out1 said:

more important question; has anyone other than NLU cut their Ilox line/service.

No, less important. In fact, hijacking. Start another thread, please. The original question was not posed as a basket for iLox issues. Only the one topic. Thank you.

Computer Guy; sorry never intended to hijack your thread; just a sarcastic comment. The Ilox installers are professionals; at least mine was and why would they cut a Telmex cable when it could easily be tracked back to them. My guess is that some posters checked their Telmex line after porting to Ilox and found it didn’t work or at installation Ilox asked if they could disconnect the Telmex line, or something else. Anyways, why do you want this info; to take it to Ilox with a complaint ? good luck on that.

• Like 2