Chapala.com Webboard

Bancomer error msg. MOTIVO DE BAJA POR SOLICITUD DEL CLIENTE -MPE1353-

Thanks to those who posted.

Solved:   The message being posted when attempting to access online Bancomer banking was legit.  Access was being blocked because the 16 digit number

on the expired debit card, that is also used to set up online banking, was no longer valid.  Note this 16 digit number is not your actual bank account number.

So because the expired card had been terminated every time I tried to access the BC online set I got the above msg.  Basically, you're blocked.  Yes, you had terminated your old card but not your actual bank account, just the numbers for online access.

Bancomer online banking services generated an automatic email that the card had been terminated, but didn't explain the impact on our online banking access. 

While the new 16 digit number is available within the system it has to be manually entered by the user to access.  Which I did once I reviewed the initial set up for online access.

Nor did the Bancomer customer service rep in Ajijic say anything about the impact on online banking when we got the new card.  No surprise as when I have asked questions about online banking I'm told to call the BC toll free number for online banking questions.

Little nerve racking...lesson learned.   Make sure you understand the ramifications on your total account when making changes.

Hope this helps others.

• Thanks 1